ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting married in jamaica

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rickthrn
Newly Registered

Getting married in jamaica

Post by rickthrn » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:12 pm

Hi everyone, Im going to be marrying in Jamaica next year.....and I have been reading these boards for some time just to get some ideas and advice on the process relating to subsequent Immigration issues.
I thought that I was doing ok but Today I looked at the british High Commission and the Jamaican Govt websites and I have noticed that it says that to obtain a marriage licence in Jamaica I must provide my birth ceritifcate which must include my father's name.
My birth certificate does not have my father's name on it as my mother was not married and was very young when I was born.

Has anyone had a similar circumstance and can advise? Thank you

jaywel
Newly Registered

Post by jaywel » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:15 pm

hi

look on the registrars general website find the parish you are getting married in and send them an email. I found them very helpful.

good luck.

http://www.rgd.gov.jm

BROOMIE
Newly Registered

Post by BROOMIE » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:39 am

My husbands fathers name doesnt appear on his birth certificate and it didnt pose a problem at all when we married in 2007. In Jamaica they are used to this kind of thing so dont worry get planning your wedding!!