ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help!! Shall I answer "yes" to "meet the knowledge of English requirement" question if my ILR was made BEFORE 2013??

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vicky000
Newly Registered
China

Help!! Shall I answer "yes" to "meet the knowledge of English requirement" question if my ILR was made BEFORE 2013??

Post by vicky000 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:20 pm

Dear Moderators:

I am filling the application form and get stuck at only One question: Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?

I made my Indefinite Leave application in 2012 and receive approval on the indefinite leave to remain in July 2013 and I only submitted my life in the UK test back then to get ILR, as B1 English test is not a requirement yet. However, I do have a UK degree to meet the language requirement.

So my question is since my indefinite leave to remain made before Oct 2013, shall I answer "yes" or "no"?

Thank you very much!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Help!! Shall I answer "yes" to "meet the knowledge of English requirement" question if my ILR was made BEFORE 2013??

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:07 pm

The answer is clearly NO as you did not have to meet the English (B1) requirement.
And your UK degree is ok - select the applicable option presented.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

vicky000
Newly Registered
China

Re: Help!! Shall I answer "yes" to "meet the knowledge of English requirement" question if my ILR was made BEFORE 2013??

Post by vicky000 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:35 am

Hello thank you for the reply. However, for the requirement after Oct 2013, B1 is not the only option, an English degree is also meeting the requirements.

So althougt I don't have B1 test and my application was made before Oct 2013, given I had the life in the UK test and an English degree, I still met the criteria of what was required after Oct 2013.

So I am a bit worried if I say no, will that give the wrong impression that I didn't meet the English requirements for the citizenship?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:13 am

The questions clearly states for applications on or after 28 October 2013 is for ILR. This doesn't apply to you and you must answer no and simply attach evidence of meeting the English and liuk requirement when you apply for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vicky000
Newly Registered
China

Post by vicky000 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:11 am

Thank you :D

Another question, I have nearly complete my application, and would like to submit it this week, however I have a upcoming trip in mid-March, do we need to mention it in my application form for the travel history?

Also I will upload the supporting documents myself, I don't need to do all the docs in one go, right? as long as I finish uploading before I go to my Biometric appointment?

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:13 am

Another question, I have nearly complete my application, and would like to submit it this week, however I have a upcoming trip in mid-March, do we need to mention it in my application form for the travel history?
No. Travel after application submission online is irrelevant.
Also I will upload the supporting documents myself, I don't need to do all the docs in one go, right? as long as I finish uploading before I go to my Biometric appointment?
Correct.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vicky000
Newly Registered
China

Post by vicky000 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:35 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:13 am
No. Travel after application submission online is irrelevant
Thank you CR001, you are the star!

So if I don't mention the mid-March trip, when I later submit the scan copy of my passport, which will take place after the upcoming trip, the passport will show the stamps of March trip which are not in the application, I assume it's still OK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:45 am

No need to mention FUTURE dated trips which take place AFTER you have submitted online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Fbiboy2002
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:51 am

vicky000 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:11 am
Thank you :D

Many thanks!
I have been to my appointment Saturday and I was uploading all my documents bit by bit and removed some until Thursday the lady in my biometric told me all my documents been approved by the home office on Friday, just one day before my appointment so I suggest you try to upload them as early as you can before your appointment just incase..

vicky000
Newly Registered
China

Post by vicky000 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:13 am

Thank you for sharing! That's very useful information!