ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple destinations in one trip

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrduplicity
Mood:
Sweden

Refrees/Proof confusion

Post by mrduplicity » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:24 pm

Hi, I have two questions. I won't be eligible for citizenship for another 3 months but just want to clarify some things early.

1. How does a referee identify you through the online application? As in are they emailed and asked to confirm your identity through email? I know on the paper form they would sign it but I’m not sure if the paper form is available anymore.

2. I finished university in June. In August I went to Los Angeles for a week and then came back and have been looking for a job since and have got one now. So essentially from June to November I’ve been unemployed. How do I prove I’ve been in the UK? I'm an EU citizen so I can't prove it with stamps in my passport. I live with my parents, so my name isn’t on any bills/council tax bills.

Thank you for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Refrees/Proof confusion

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:27 pm

1. You have to complete the referee forms, send it to them for signature and they send it back to you to upload with all your supporting documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrduplicity
Mood:
Sweden

Post by mrduplicity » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:55 pm

Thank you for your help. Any suggestions for question 2?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:43 pm

mrduplicity wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:55 pm
Thank you for your help. Any suggestions for question 2?
Perhaps you have any official correspondence or documents from government departments during the period (e.g. HMRC, Dept of Employment, NHS, ...)?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mrduplicity
Mood:
Sweden

Post by mrduplicity » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:52 pm

Nope. Student finance sent me a letter in October telling me to update my employment details but that's about it :(. Do you think I can't apply for citizenship in February then?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:34 pm

I would use the student finance correspondence and explain the issue in a separate note and include with the document upload. Considering the requirements the period to explain is not that long - difficult to see this would be a reason to reject the application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

mrduplicity
Mood:
Sweden

EEA National

Post by mrduplicity » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:09 am

I'm currently filling out the online application for BC. How do I go about answering the question "Are you either:
An EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence document
A family member of an EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence card" YES OR NO

If I have settled status? My guess is no but I want to clarify.

slajovian
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: EEA National

Post by slajovian » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:07 pm

Settled status is a permanent residency card.

But reading through your post, I'm not sure you are qualified for BC. You are an EA citizen who has been how long in the UK? You mentioned that you studied - did you worked too during that time? If not, did you hold comprehensive insurance?

I'm asking because, in order to qualify for BC as an EA citizen, you need to be a qualified person for 5 continuous years - and as EEA, you're that if you work or hold comprehensive insurance.

Bear in mind that rules for getting Settled Status are far less strict than those for BC, for example comprehensive insurance is not needed for Settled Status, but its a requirement for BC in order to be qualified person if you not working.

It's my view of things from the things I read.

vaza
Cayman Islands

Post by vaza » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:23 am

slajovian wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:07 pm

But reading through your post, I'm not sure you are qualified for BC. You are an EA citizen who has been how long in the UK? You mentioned that you studied - did you worked too during that time? If not, did you hold comprehensive insurance?

I'm asking because, in order to qualify for BC as an EA citizen, you need to be a qualified person for 5 continuous years - and as EEA, you're that if you work or hold comprehensive insurance.

Bear in mind that rules for getting Settled Status are far less strict than those for BC, for example comprehensive insurance is not needed for Settled Status, but its a requirement for BC in order to be qualified person if you not working.

These are all not issues for settled status. Some of these are issues for PR only if there is doubt PR was issued in error. If settled status is granted, it's ILR. There is no card for EU citizens (there is one for nonEU). There is no requirement for BC for insurance or employment.

To the OP: for proof of residence, council tax statements will be sufficient, also a letter from your school and university you attended in the last 5 years.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:42 am

mrduplicity wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:09 am
I'm currently filling out the online application for BC. How do I go about answering the question "Are you either:
An EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence document
A family member of an EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence card" YES OR NO

If I have settled status? My guess is no but I want to clarify.
The option would be NO and then you should be presented with ILR option, including Settled Status.

mrduplicity
Mood:
Sweden

Post by mrduplicity » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:30 pm

slajovian wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:07 pm

I am qualified for for BC. I acquired settled status around this time last year. I've been living here since I was a child.

mrduplicity
Mood:
Sweden

Multiple destinations in one trip

Post by mrduplicity » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:55 am

Is there a way to add multple trips outside the UK in the online application? For example I left the UK to go to country A, stayed for a few days. and then went to country B from country A. Then returned to country A and then went back to the UK. I understand on the online form the departure and return dates are from the UK. So I am not sure how to proceed with this. Should I bother mentioning my trip to country B? Any advice?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Multiple destinations in one trip

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:20 pm

mrduplicity wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:55 am
Is there a way to add multple trips outside the UK in the online application? For example I left the UK to go to country A, stayed for a few days. and then went to country B from country A. Then returned to country A and then went back to the UK. I understand on the online form the departure and return dates are from the UK. So I am not sure how to proceed with this. Should I bother mentioning my trip to country B? Any advice?
Your travel details are irrelevant. Simply enter exit and re-entry date to the UK for the whole trip
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mrduplicity
Mood:
Sweden

Post by mrduplicity » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:41 pm

Hi Thank you. But it does ask for country. I guess i’ll just enter country A as I did leave the Uk to go there and then came back from there?

vicky000
Newly Registered
China

Post by vicky000 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:53 pm

I have the similar issue, I went to country A but returned from country B, on the online application, only allow you to choose one country as travel destination, I assume I just have to put down country A?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:45 pm

Where you went is not that relevant. This is about absences from the UK mostly. Write the first country you left for
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mrduplicity
Mood:
Sweden

The passport you used to come into the UK

Post by mrduplicity » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:15 pm

My citizenship application as recently been successful. I realise I need to wait until the ceremonies resume before I am able to get my naturalisation certificate and then go on to apply for a passport. However I was researching the requirements for applying for a first adult passport. It states "the passport you used to come into the UK or the foreign passport you’re included on". Now this worries me because I entered the UK in the early 2000s when I was 4 or 5. I asked my mum and she says that she no longer has that passport. Will this mean I can't apply for a passport?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:31 pm

This isn't an issue - you provide the passports you have (both current and expired in original) - many applicants don't have their old passports any more as they are kept by some foreign authorities.

mrduplicity
Mood:
Sweden

Post by mrduplicity » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:34 pm

That's a relief! Thank you!

vaza
Cayman Islands

Post by vaza » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:05 pm

I read this as the passport you last entered the UK, NOT first (different from naturalisation application question).