ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone else been waiting for over a year?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IrobotZ
China

Re: Anyone else been waiting for over a year?

Post by IrobotZ » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:43 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:47 am
London22 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:23 pm
It is just silly &ridiculous from home office as your dependent got approved but you are still stuck.
Keep in mind that after ILR, all (adult) applications are independent of each other and decided independently. It is possible for one spouse to get British citizenship and the other one denied or investigated further due to something in their individual immigration (or other govt. related eg tax) history.
IrobotZ wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:05 pm
Thanks very much for the detailed info, I will try to contact my MP again and request the same, but I have read the documents and it is said that 'If the case is more than
12 months old, but the delay is justifiable, priority should not be given.'

what does justifiable mean? it is unclear and I am afraid the UKVI will use this as a ground to refuse the priority request anyway.
I think the previous line is explanatory - "When deciding to agree a request for priority, you must consider whether there is evidence that the case has been mishandled or overlooked.". The way I read it, that suggests that the request for prioritisation is based on whether the delay is a Home Office fault or not.

So a request to prioritise could be sanctioned, if for instance the file has fallen off the side of a caseworker's desk and lies forgotten (metaphorically of course. It is quite likely that all files are electronic nowadays).

On the other hand, a justification would something like the Home Office waiting on data from other govt. departments (DWP, HMRC, NHS, police, etc). That would justify the Home Office not progressing the application, until such data is received.
IrobotZ wrote:
I will try to contact my MP again and request the same
Keep in mind that MPs can question the Home Office (and other government departments), but they don't direct them. The only hold that individual MPs have over government is publicly embarrassing them by asking revealatory questions. But if the government is not easily embarrassed, that hold is correspondingly weaker.
The thing what makes me feel uncomfortable is that I paid my tax according to the directing of my accountant who is certified in the UK, and I haven't encountered a single issue with the HMRC. I have 0 criminal record in my life. The only problem i had was 2 parking tickets which i have already paid to the local council more than 8 years ago. I will send another email to my MP if i did not get any reply from him by the end of the week. The service standard of UKVI is extremely inefficient, I have no idea why would they delay some cases to this extend, normally if a case gone beyond the service standard they should either explain it to the applicant or try to finish it asap instead of leaving applicant waiting in despair.

IrobotZ
China

Re: Anyone else been waiting for over a year?

Post by IrobotZ » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:44 pm

FaeLLe wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:29 am
IrobotZ wrote:
FaeLLe wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:21 am
IrobotZ wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:56 pm
Dear All.

It's been 1 year since I submitted my citizenship application and i have been chasing them using diff means, nothing worked. Many senior members of the forum told me naturalisation is a privilege and there's nothing I could do to force them, But my solicitor suggest that I should go down the enforcement proceeding process against the UKVI. should i listen to my lawyer or just give up and wait.

Anyone could kindly let me know what is the longest delay people experienced here on the forum? I have no idea what kind of background could possible take more than 1 year.

Thanks
Your solicitor just wants to make money off you, it will not give you any benefitical results as there is no service level gurantee (only a target) and the perrsonnel and UKVI are just doing their job.

What you can do is - ask your MP to contact a Minister. The Minister can make a formal request to Home Office to consider your application as Priority.

Look at caseworker guidance for Citizenship - "Priority treatment requests: nationality procedure guidance"
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... e-guidance

Good luck and never trust lawyers, always question them and keep them on their toes!
Thanks very much for the detailed info, I will try to contact my MP again and request the same, but I have read the documents and it is said that 'If the case is more than
12 months old, but the delay is justifiable, priority should not be given.
'
what does justifiable mean? it is unclear and I am afraid the UKVI will use this as a ground to refuse the priority request anyway.
When your asks the Minister to request on your behalf the HO will need to explain genuine delay to the Minister (note I said minister not MP).

Then under a SAR you can ask for your details and you should know what it is if the Minister will not tell you.
Thanks very much for the info mate, I will try to contact my MP again to try to sort it out.