ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Application Date vs Biometrics Appointment Date

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

liodso
inactive
Australia

Extending PBS partner who is applying for ILR within UK

Post by liodso » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:54 pm

Hi All,

I am currently a PBS dependant and have been for the last 2 years on my partners Tier 2 (5 year) visa. In the interim we have had a child in June 19 last year born in the UK. My partners and my visa is due to expire on 25/02/2020. My partner is eligible for ILR but I am not and therefore our child isn't either. So, we are applying for a PBS dependent extension (priority) for my child and myself. We were advised that our child should also be added as a dependent as we have a trip planned to Australia in April and a citizenship application cannot be processed in time there fore upon returning to the uk there may be issues.

1.Does anyone know if this is the best way to ensure our child is able to re-enter the UK without trouble given the short time frames are able to leave the uk with our child and re-entering? Are there any other my cost-effective options that would enable our child to renter the UK on an australian passport without a visa. Im guessing a visitors visa but I am thinking that might be risky.

2. When completing the application form I have entered in my partners visa information (tier 2 , 5years) and the cost of the PBS dependant visa for my child and I seems very high. Given we are extending for 3 years should i amend my partners visa to 3 years? £1927 per person which is much higher than I expected but I assume that is because I selected 5 years when my partner is actually finishing up on this visa and moving on to ILR

Many thanks

Klopp
Newly Registered
Australia

help Filling in PBS dependent form

Post by Klopp » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:44 pm

Hi All,

I am completing the PBS dependent form and have a few sticking points I need help with.

1. Doe your partner have indefinite leave to remain or British citizenship?
My partner is concurrently applying for ILR and it would be pending decision. Should I put Yes or No?

2. What is the length of your partners Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)? it was originally 5 years dating back to 2015 valid through till 25 feb 2020. If I put 5 years it will charge me £1923.2. My extension is only 3 years so should be only £1223.2. Am i allowed to put 3 years here so I will be charged the correct fee and IHS?

thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:39 am

Why are you completing FLR m form? This is NOT the correct form if you are a PBS dependent.

FLR m doesn't ask about CoS and tier 2, what form are completing exactly, is it PBS dependent form???

What is your UK immigration history??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Klopp
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Klopp » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:45 pm

Thanks CR-001

I am filling in this form for PBS dependant or Appendix W

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner

Apologies for the confusion.

History:
October 2014: I arrived in UK on Tier 5 Youth mobility visa
Feb 2015: Partner received 5 year PBS migrant visa
Sept 2016: I received 3 year PBS migrant visa
Feb 2018 - I did an in-country switch to PBS dependant from PBS Migrant visa. Visa was granted in line with my partner's finishing Feb 25 2020.
Jun 2019 - Birth of our child
Feb 2020 - My partner is applying for ILR and our child and I am applying for an extension as PBS dependants as I am not able to apply for ILR as yet as my prior years on YMV and PBS migrant don't count to ILR.

Klopp
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Klopp » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:54 pm

I forgot to add: my partner will be submitting application for ILR shortly and I will also. There is a high likelihood that we will not have hear back about her ILR before we submit our PBS extension as the deadline is looming

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: help Filling in PBS dependent form

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:08 pm

Your partner could have applied in January already, 28 days before initial visa start date.

How long you wait for a decision depends on the service you choose.

Is the child UK born? If yes, the child does NOT need a visa.

Do you meet the 90 days maintenance funds requirement?

In your form state yes to ilr question for partner and out expiry date as 3 years from date of application to get the correct IHS.

Write a covering letter and upload with your documents that your partner is applying for ilr etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Klopp
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Klopp » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:46 pm

thanks CR001.

Re: the extension for our child - Yes, they were born in the UK to Australian citizen parents (both) sothe child on only has a Australian passport - we are getting this PBS dependant because we have a trip out of the UK planned in April and all the other options i.e. British passport and Right to abode seem to take longer time frames to process.

If we didnt get a visa I was told there could be issues for them coming back as a visitor. Would we have troubles applying for citizenship our child if they entered as a visitor?

Yes we both meet the 90 day fund requirement

"in your form state yes to ilr question for partner and out expiry date as 3 years from date of application to get the correct IHS."
does the same work for the COS section to determine the correct application fee?

"Write a covering letter and upload with your documents that your partner is applying for ilr etc."
Thats what I was planning to do. Since I would be putting down 3 year COS to avoid overpaying.

thanks so much

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:52 pm

???

member/liodso/

announcements/multiple-member-id-s-t11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Klopp
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Klopp » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:26 pm

i forgot the log in passwod for that account - therefore could not use it.

Klopp
Newly Registered
Australia

Documents to bring to biometrics appointment

Post by Klopp » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:18 pm

Hi,

For the biometrics do you need to bring photocopies of all your documents?

I have already applied, paid IHS an Fees, booked an appointment and uploaded scans of my supporting docs. I was going to take my originals with me to the biometrics appointment in case there were any issues. is there any point in me making photocopies in case I want to keep the originals and give them a copy in person?I have already uploaded scans.

thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents to bring to biometrics appointment

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:53 pm

Klopp wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:18 pm
Hi,

For the biometrics do you need to bring photocopies of all your documents?

I have already applied, paid IHS an Fees, booked an appointment and uploaded scans of my supporting docs. I was going to take my originals with me to the biometrics appointment in case there were any issues. is there any point in me making photocopies in case I want to keep the originals and give them a copy in person?I have already uploaded scans.

thanks,
NO originals (or copies) are submitting at the centre. Only scanned and uploaded documents are submitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

toprofessional
Newly Registered

Re: Documents to bring to biometrics appointment

Post by toprofessional » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:53 pm
NO originals (or copies) are submitting at the centre. Only scanned and uploaded documents are submitted.

Do we need to take original bills etc with us which we have uploaded. I receive bills online which I have uploaded (pdf files) as proof of address for dependant. Do we need to take printouts of the bills as well when attending the appointment.
Please advise, thank you.

toprofessional
Newly Registered

Documents for biometrics appointment

Post by toprofessional » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:32 am

Hi

Do we need to take original documents, bills etc with us which we have uploaded. I receive bills online which I have uploaded (pdf files) as proof of address for dependant.

Do we need to take printouts of these bills as well when attending the appointment.

Please advise, thank you.

toprofessional
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Application Date vs Biometrics Appointment Date

Post by toprofessional » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:42 pm

Hi

Please advise what would be our application date as you can submit your documents on the date of your biometrics appointment.

Actually I am confused about the date of issue on bank statement for proof of funds. I think it should not be more than 31 days old when you submit it.

I have already submitted the application online two weeks ago but have not uploaded the documents yet and my biometrics appointment is after one week.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Application Date vs Biometrics Appointment Date

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:47 pm

toprofessional wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:42 pm
Hi

Please advise what would be our application date as you can submit your documents on the date of your biometrics appointment.

Actually I am confused about the date of issue on bank statement for proof of funds. I think it should not be more than 31 days old when you submit it.

I have already submitted the application online two weeks ago but have not uploaded the documents yet and my biometrics appointment is after one week.
Topics merged!!!

Date of application is the date you submit and pay online and NOT the date of biometrics with a third party agent, ukcvas.

Your documents must be dated on or before the date of online application and must not be older than 28 days with the exception of the cohabitation evidence if applying with a dependent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

toprofessional
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Application Date vs Biometrics Appointment Date

Post by toprofessional » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:09 am

Thank you