ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization - Good character

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amasoumi
Newly Registered

Naturalization - Good character

Post by amasoumi » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:26 pm

Hello everybody.
need some help with my application regarding 10 year time laps for breach of immigration rules.
basically granted ILR in Sep 2010 but found in breach of immigration rules in August 2010 (lucky!!).
Do I have to exactly to August 2020 to apply? are they that strict?
thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalization - Good character

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:53 pm

It's the value you put on your money really.

Knowing the inflexibility of some Home Office Caseworkers, I would wait August 2020 + 2 or 3 months minimum to be on the safe side.

The application is expensive and you don't want to risk your hard earned money.

Now, you can still gamble it and see what happens.

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by London22 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:49 pm

amasoumi wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:26 pm
Hello everybody.
need some help with my application regarding 10 year time laps for breach of immigration rules.
basically granted ILR in Sep 2010 but found in breach of immigration rules in August 2010 (lucky!!).
thanks
It really depends on what the immigration breach was.If it wasn't too serious &HO granted ILR even though then August 2020 should be granted nationality.As 10yrs have passed hence it is likely you will succeed.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:21 pm

London22 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:49 pm
amasoumi wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:26 pm
Hello everybody.
thanks
It really depends on what the immigration breach was.If it wasn't too serious &HO granted ILR even though then August 2020 should be granted nationality.As 10yrs have passed hence it is likely you will succeed.
The Good Character criterion is mainly for citizenship and not ILR application. Therefore the OP's breach of immigration rules 10 years ago might not have been considered during the ILR application.
Naturalisation is governed by a different set of rules, that's why you cannot guess what will happen in a BC application based on a successful ILR.
Just as the OP has been advised by @Zerubbabel, I will suggest that the OP should wait till Sept 2020 as the earliest time to apply.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

amasoumi
Newly Registered

Post by amasoumi » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:38 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:53 pm
It's the value you put on your money really.

Knowing the inflexibility of some Home Office Caseworkers, I would wait August 2020 + 2 or 3 months minimum to be on the safe side.

The application is expensive and you don't want to risk your hard earned money.

Now, you can still gamble it and see what happens.
Thank you. So what would be the outcome? would they reject me and say come back in 6 month time? or would they hold the application for 6 month until its 10 year and one day? also the nature of my heinous crime was working illegally. I know they can reject me if they want to but would they?

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by London22 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:06 am

Apply in sep 2020 .You have more chances to be granted citizenship as you have fulfilled good character requirement hence they have no issue to refuse you.Illegal work wasnt a big issue before 2014 but they are digging up every little thing to refuse people now,as it is a common sense when someone doesnt have right to work they will work to live.There is no one in HO to make sense in their decisions.Politics has surrounded the hostile environment.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:11 pm

was working illegally
Working illegally is a big thing. I really recommend waiting 10 years+

If you are under 10 years, they are not going to hold the application until your reach 10 years. They have zero sympathy for people working illegally and they may refuse you with a loss of money.

If you were involved in illegal work at a larger scale than just working yourself (such as helping others to work illegally or employing them yourself) that attract up to a lifetime ban from UK citizenship.