ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Labour market test- Job advert

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Akhil_123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Labour market test- Job advert

Post by Akhil_123 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:11 pm

Hello,
Had a query regarding changing jobs on Tier2 General category. Since my occupation does not come under shortage occupation list, the companies will have to do Labour market test if I'm not wrong.
Hence when I check for job adverts do i need to make sure the job is advertised in atleast 2 sites and is it necessary for the employers to advert these jobs on Find a Job ( previously universal job match) ?? As I have been getting offers/interview from companies that are on sponsor list but have not advertised on Find a job site.
Just wanted to make sure I don't accept an offer and then get stuck because of this reason.

Any help/Views would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Akhil

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Labour market test- Job advert

Post by gag285 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:43 pm

It is not necessary that the jobs on offer come with sponsorship just because the employer is on the Sponsors Register. They sometimes do make it clear up-front if they are unwilling to sponsor but many times not. Your best bet is to ask. You cannot simply assume that because the job is not on the govt portal that it is not a sponsored one.