ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

End of March Applicant - Trick Situation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

narveer

End of March Applicant - Trick Situation

Post by narveer » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:07 pm

Hi All,

I am End of March Applicant and HSMP Team is yet to debit the fees from my Credit Card. Needless to say, I am yet to receive Reference number from them.

I have received an offer from a company in UK and my employer is willing to sponsor my work permit. In fact they have applied for Work Permit.

I am not sure what to do now? If I go by current timelines I wouldn’t be getting decision before end of May. Also I am not sure whether my application will be approved by HSMP, as there are some open questions in my application.

Can you guys please suggest what should I do? Shall I withdraw my application? But Can I do that without having a reference Number? Or Shall I write to HSMP Asking them to send my Certificates, as I will need them for Work Permit Entry Clearance? Normally how much time they take to send the originals back in Dublin? Will they require Reference Number to send the Originals Back to me?

Moderators please help.

Thanks
Narveer

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: End of March Applicant - Trick Situation

Post by Chess » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:20 pm

narveer wrote:Hi All,

I am End of March Applicant and HSMP Team is yet to debit the fees from my Credit Card. Needless to say, I am yet to receive Reference number from them.

I have received an offer from a company in UK and my employer is willing to sponsor my work permit. In fact they have applied for Work Permit.

I am not sure what to do now? If I go by current timelines I wouldn’t be getting decision before end of May. Also I am not sure whether my application will be approved by HSMP, as there are some open questions in my application.

Can you guys please suggest what should I do? Shall I withdraw my application? But Can I do that without having a reference Number? Or Shall I write to HSMP Asking them to send my Certificates, as I will need them for Work Permit Entry Clearance? Normally how much time they take to send the originals back in Dublin? Will they require Reference Number to send the Originals Back to me?

Moderators please help.

Thanks
Narveer
Dont withdraw - just row the two boats. In the end even if you got the WP - you could still apply for entry as an HSMP applicant which would give you more freedom - workwise
Where there is a will there is a way.

narveer

Post by narveer » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:22 pm

Thanks Chess. But I will be needing Originals for Work Permit Entry Clearance. How do I go about It? Can I ask for Originals without a reference Number ? Shall I write them an email or call them or post them a request letter?

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:27 pm

narveer wrote:Thanks Chess. But I will be needing Originals for Work Permit Entry Clearance. How do I go about It? Can I ask for Originals without a reference Number ? Shall I write them an email or call them or post them a request letter?
Contact them and request them to send back originals urgently. However, DONT withdraw your application.

I hope you bring for me some pints of Guiness :lol:
Where there is a will there is a way.

MunneRaja

Post by MunneRaja » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:28 pm

Even in my opinion, you should not withdraw your application.

In other case, you should try to contact HSMP team at their phone number and talk to them in detail.

By the way, are you in IT? from which site did you look for the job? I am in IT, Java/J2EE field basically and working in UK as well.

narveer

Post by narveer » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:28 pm

Chess, Yes I will owe you big time if this works out. How do I contact them email,fax or post?

MunneRaja

Post by MunneRaja » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:36 pm

Its better if you call them and talk to them directly.
the number is 0114-259-1894

Could you answer my question pleaase?

narveer

Post by narveer » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:41 pm

Hi Munne Raja,

Yes I am in IT and working in J2EE,Unix. I was in London for an year and then I moved to Dublin. There are couple of good sites like jobserve and cwjobs, though I would recommend jobserve. I was looking for a job in UK in for the past 4 months and tell you the truth its not that Easy!!!!

MunneRaja

Post by MunneRaja » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:46 pm

Thanks Narveer

I am already in UK and working in J2EE. I was thinking of shifting to London as recently got HSMP approval. I havnt started looking for oppertunities yet but I will from today only.
You looked at jobserve only?

narveer

Post by narveer » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:54 pm

MunneRaja,

I had registered with Jobserve,CWJobs,totaljobs,IT Job Board,Reed,Elan IT,Accenture,Logica CMG,Atos Origin,Oracle,Amazon,Xerox and numerous other employers and agencies.

As I didnt have work permit I had to do everything possible on earth to find a good paying job in a good organisation.

Best of luck with your search.If you need any help you can pm or call me.

Thanks
Narveer

narveer

Post by narveer » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:41 pm

Chess, MunneRaja,

I want to use every kind of communication mode to contact HSMP. I am going to call them on 0114 259 1894. I will fax them the letter on 0114 259 3827 and will email my query on wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

Can you please confirm whether the above info is correct ? Also I am going to post them the letter tommorrow but I am not sure about the address.
Is It -

Customer Relations Team
Work Permits (UK)
PO BOX 3468
Sheffield

Please Advice. I need to act on this immediately.

MunneRaja

Post by MunneRaja » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:44 pm

Narveer

Phone number and email id is correct. I am not sure about the postal address. I am sure other members wil help here.

All the best for you :)

narveer

Post by narveer » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:53 pm

Thanks MunneRaja. Moderators Please confirm the Address where I need to send a letter for retrieving original documents.

narveer

Post by narveer » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:26 pm

I contacted HSMP Team and the person who answered my call was quick to point out that only when payment is deducted then my application will be on system.

He asked me to call after a week or so because they have recieve lots of application recently and according to him its going to take atleast a week for payments.

Once the payment is approved then only they will be in position to post me the document. I guess the whole process is going to take atleast three weeks.

ashok71
Newly Registered

Post by ashok71 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:35 pm

That is really bad. I guess it is purely bad timing for you. Let's hope your application gets processed quickly. All the very best.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:14 pm

i agree with guys, just ride the two boats at the same time. there is no point withdrawing your application until you actually get the WP approval especailly after the payment goes through. Infact you don’t have to withdraw the application, you can actually ask for the documents that you need and they will send them back to you while your application is still on file. Again remember that the processing these days is very quick for new applications so might not have to wait for long once the payment goes through (of course there might be some delays now because of the rush to beat the fee increases)

narveer

Post by narveer » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:39 pm

Thanks f2k. You are right in saying that processing time is very quick. My Application reached home office on 31st march. Today my credit card was debited with the fees and surprisingly I recieved email from HSMP Team with my reference number.

This is what I recieved from HSMP Team:
Dear Applicant,

I can confirm that we have received your application, the reference is
0397xx
Due to the large number of applications we are currently receiving, there
is a delay in the consideration of some applications. We apologise for
any delay and inconvenience this may cause. We are currently unable to
give you the exact date your application will be completed.

The latest information regarding delays to the processing of Highly
Skilled Migrant Programme applications is available from our website at:
www.workingintheUK.gov.uk schemes and programmes Highly Skilled
Migrant Programme.

Any e-mail responses to this message should be sent to
hsmp.workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Highly Skilled Migrant Programme
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA
United Kingdom

Tel: 0114 259 1894
Fax: 0114 259 3827
hsmp.workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
www.workingintheUK.gov.uk

Ashok did you recieve any email from HSMP Team? If not then you can call them up and ask for reference number.

ashok71
Newly Registered

Post by ashok71 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:36 am

Some good news at last for you. Good going.

No, I have not received any mails yet, neither has my credit card been charged. I will send them an email today and ask for the reference number.