ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for citizenship over 6 months ago - no contact or confirmation from HO

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Geneiva

Applied for citizenship over 6 months ago - no contact or confirmation from HO

Post by Geneiva » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:20 pm

Hi there

I applied for citizenship (enrolled biometrics and submitted paperwork at a UKVI office).

I haven't heard a peep from HO since, no emails, no letters, nothing.

It's now been over 6 months, and I'm concerned reading the timelines thread that people get their acceptance letters within 1-2 months.

How can I find out what's happened with my application?

Thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applied for citizenship over 6 months ago - no contact or confirmation from HO

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:28 pm

How did you qualify for citizenship as it doesn't appear you have held PR or or settled status yet?

If you do hold PR or settled status, are married to a British citizen or have you held or or settled status for 12 months before applying for citizenship?

eea-route-applications/can-i-apply-for- ... l#p1705908
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Geneiva

Re: Applied for citizenship over 6 months ago - no contact or confirmation from HO

Post by Geneiva » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:17 pm

I'm posting using my partner's account. She will be applying for citizenship herself in 2 months' time (gained settled status 10 months ago).

I hold an EU passport and have normally resided in the UK for 6 years now.

Geneiva

Post by Geneiva » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:03 pm

Giving this post a bump...

Fbiboy2002
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:35 am

Geneiva wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:17 pm
I'm posting using my partner's account. She will be applying for citizenship herself in 2 months' time (gained settled status 10 months ago).

I hold an EU passport and have normally resided in the UK for 6 years now.
You must hold pr or settled status for one year to be able to apply for naturalisation even if you hold an EU passport, if you are married to British national you can apply straight after you granted pr or settle status....

Geneiva

Post by Geneiva » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:41 am

Yes I have held PR for 1 year prior to applying for citizenship.

My question is not related to my eligibility, it’s related to having heard nothing from the home office.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:06 am

When you apply for citizenship, the Home Office don't normally contact you. They don't send progress or anything. They just go silent until:

- You get a letter confirming it's approved/refused

- They ask for more information if required

By them going silent for 6 months doesn't surprise me.

bhai86
Pakistan

Post by bhai86 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:40 am

If you don't have a Case ID, I guess the last resort would be to contact UKVI using Unique Application ID/Payment Reference which you can find on your completed application form at the time of submission along with your date of birth, passport number etc.

UKVI email: nationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

Try to get your case ID from them, which you will use to contact UKVI or the council for further enquires.

Geneiva

Post by Geneiva » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:41 pm

Thank you for your help!

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:44 am

Geneiva wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:41 am
Yes I have held PR for 1 year prior to applying for citizenship.

My question is not related to my eligibility, it’s related to having heard nothing from the home office.
People who are not familiar with your immigration history will need to know about your history and eligibility in order to help with your question. Delay in hearing back from the HO could be linked to eligibility. I believe that's why the question was asked.
At the end of the day, no one can tell you the exact reason why you haven't heard from HO, everyone here can only share their knowledge based on past experience and interpretation of the appropriate guides and rules.

You can also try Furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
quote your case ID and ask for an update on your application.

All the best.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.