ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice for renewing ILR BRP card

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ginjarou

Advice for renewing ILR BRP card

Post by Ginjarou » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:31 pm

Hi,

My partner completed her ILR application and got her new BRP card today - hooray!
However I've noticed it only last 4 years - I was expecting it to have to be renewed after a longer period than that :roll:

On the documentation she received, it doesn't say what to do to renew it so I Googled and found this website page: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-service

I haven't gone through the process online (as it's not time to renew), but does anyone have any experience of this? I'm keen to know:

- Likely cost of renewing
- Do we have to go to a Post Office with a BRP booth or somewhere else?
- Is travelling not allowed when a renewal application has been made?

Thanks in advance!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Advice for renewing ILR BRP card

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:01 pm

All BRP cards must be replaced after the end of 2024 as that is the deadline for all EU biometric cards to be upgraded to a new version. The fees change all the time. See the fee link on top of the forum. All applications are processed via UKVCAS and the biometrics must be enrolled at an appointment (booked via UKVCAS after application submission online). Post Office is not involved anymore. You can travel as normal as long as you have valid BRP to return
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ginjarou

Re: Advice for renewing ILR BRP card

Post by Ginjarou » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:06 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:01 pm
All BRP cards must be replaced after the end of 2024 as that is the deadline for all EU biometric cards to be upgraded to a new version. The fees change all the time. See the fee link on top of the forum. All applications are processed via UKVCAS and the biometrics must be enrolled at an appointment (booked via UKVCAS after application submission online). Post Office is not involved anymore. You can travel as normal as long as you have valid BRP to return
Thank you.