ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU SPOUSE FAMILY PERMIT WITHOUT BRP process

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Motorangel
Newly Registered
Pakistan

EU SPOUSE FAMILY PERMIT WITHOUT BRP process

Post by Motorangel » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:34 pm

Hi There,

i have been granted EU settlement permit for 6 months outside uk now i want to apply for pre-settled status. Would i will be able to apply through app? Which documents i would need to send for example my spouse payslips etc. Can anyone please guide the process.

Thanks in advance

kamoe
European Union

Re: EU SPOUSE FAMILY PERMIT WITHOUT BRP process

Post by kamoe » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:53 pm

Motorangel wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:34 pm
i have been granted EU settlement permit for 6 months outside uk now i want to apply for pre-settled status. Would i will be able to apply through app?
No. As clearly stated on the EUSS page:
If you are not an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
If you are in the UK, you will need to use one of the following:

passport
biometric residence card
biometric residence permit
The list does not include the 6-month Family Permit, hence you need to use your passport.
And when you select to verify your identity with the app, it says:
If you are an EEA or Swiss citizen, use either your:

passport
national identity card

If you are not an EEA or Swiss citizen, use your biometric residence card.
So the only passports the app works are EU passports, as a non EEA citizen, if you want to use the app you need a BRC. Hence you are stuck with one of the other two options to verify your identity, NOT the app.
Which documents i would need to send for example my spouse payslips etc. Can anyone please guide the process.
Much less than for the old EEA route. In most cases, if your EU sponsor has been legally working and making NI contributions, the check is almost automatically and you don't need to supply anything else to prove they are a qualified person.

But of course, each case is different and sometimes further documents are requested. All info here: https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... d-to-apply
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.