ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gov.uk error in online form - same day trip

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

meggo
Newly Registered
Canada

Gov.uk error in online form - same day trip

Post by meggo » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:22 pm

Hi all,

I was wondering if you could give me some advice. I'm trying to upload all my travel out of the country as part of my ILR Set(O) online application form - as far as I'm aware, we can only do the online application form now.

There are a couple of times that I've been out of the country and returned on the same day (e.g. Brussels day trip for work) - however, when I try and enter this in the online application form, it is registering an error for having an entry and return on the same date. Namely it says that the return date has to be after the exit date. However, if anyone were to look in my passport, they would see the stamps are for the same day.

The only way I can see around this is to put it a day later in the online form, and then in the explanation/reason for travel box, explain there that it was actually a single day round trip and the form won't let me include this. Has anyone else had this issue or have a suggestion for how to get around it?

Thanks!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Gov.uk error in online form - same day trip

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:45 pm

Hello

This is not an error.

They are after FULL days out of the country only. So if you fly today from London to Munich and come back tomorrow, that doesn't count at all. Same if you leave in the morning and come back in the afternoon. These trips don't count.

meggo
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by meggo » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:23 pm

Ah okay - that is a huge relief. I was worried because I have the stamps in my passport it would flag up as the form asks for any period of time outside of the UK.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:28 pm

No worries about that :) They will see the stamps but they are in/out the same day so they don't care about them.

For a trip to count, you need 3 days minimum:

- Day 1: leaving UK
- Day 2: full day out
- Day 3: returning to the UK

And such trip would count as 1 day

meggo
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by meggo » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:37 pm

Oh okay - where does it say this? Haven't seen this!

I have a few two day work trips (i.e. leave on a Monday, return on a Tuesday) so just want to make sure I'm only including the relevant trips!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:10 pm

meggo wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:37 pm
Oh okay - where does it say this? Haven't seen this!

I have a few two day work trips (i.e. leave on a Monday, return on a Tuesday) so just want to make sure I'm only including the relevant trips!
That is part of the immigration rules :!: Only full days count
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

meggo
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by meggo » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:40 pm

Brilliant - thank you all!