ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Years Work History

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

formanite.one
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Citizenship questions

Post by formanite.one » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:39 am

Hi All,

1. Is it mandatory to give them full 10 years history, I worked for my company 2013 to 2020, I did not worked in 2012 but I did worked 2010-2011 as a part time in a company as a office boy, just need to cross check from you guys do I need to mention that work as though it was just a part time on a student visa. If yes from where I can find that from when I Started working as I cant remember start and end day of that work.

2. Do I need to send 6 month personal bank statement, 6month payslips, tenancy agreement, with my application as one of my friend said he did send all these three things.

3. Both referees should be British? I have one friend first referee mention as IT Engineer, and second referee o I have one friend who is British and company director can I mention his title as Director will that be acceptable?? or shall use other person as a second referee who is Pakistan national and accountant.

4. Do we need to send passports of referee ? I am applying online, from where I can download that referee form? will that come automatically ??

5. Question about previous visa application they were asking date of apply and data of biometric. I have all old case reference numbers, but I cant remember the dates? will that be a issue?

Regards

hardeepsingh09
United Kingdom

Citizenship questions

Post by hardeepsingh09 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:52 am

Hi Formanite,
I ll answer your questions in the order you have asked.

1. To apply for citizenship with permanent residence status you must usually have lived in the UK for 12 months after getting permanent residence status. You also need a permanent residence document that proves you've lived in the UK for 5 years - this can be any 5 year period.
So in your case you can even show your 7year history and get away with it but when you fill online application there is a section where HO have asked the date and airport of arrival and your work history.
If you don't want to mention it then its ok but i would recommend you to get your employment history from HMRC via SAR form available online and send with your application.

2. Yes you have to send Evidence of National Insurance contributions covering the relevant period:
• payslips
• P60’s
• letter or letters from your employer or employers confirming you have worked in their
employment including start and finish dates

3. No both refrees should be British national and you don't need their passports but you need their passport no.s as part of the refree info during the online application.

4. When you complete online application just before the payment page they ll provide you a link to download the form alternatively you can download the pdf from here:
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk › ...PDF
Web results
Referees and Identity - Visas and immigration - GOV.UK

5. Track down from your bank statements when the payment was made to HO and use the date from there or just use the date from Confirmation letter.

Regards
Hardeep

(I am not a legal professional. The answers above are based on my research and reading guidelines provided by HO)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship questions

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:16 am

hardeepsingh09 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:52 am
3. No both refrees should be British national and you don't need their passports but you need their passport no.s as part of the refree info during the online application.
Wrong, both referees do NOT have to be British. The professional referee can be of any nationality.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

formanite.one
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

10 Years Work History

Post by formanite.one » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:47 pm

Hi Gurus/Member,

I can remember when I start and left in 2011, I did work as a student as a part time but cant remember how can I find my 10 years work history? I have to apply next week.

Regards

formanite.one
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 10 Years Work History

Post by formanite.one » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:28 pm

Hello Gurus,

Can some one please tell how I can know my 10 years work history, I need to apply next week.

Regards

Justintime
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: 10 Years Work History

Post by Justintime » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:01 am

Call your previous employers for start dates and when you stopped working for them.