ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Nationality with Settled Status

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

reoo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Applying for Nationality with Settled Status

Post by reoo » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:13 am

Hello,

I am an EU citizen that came to the UK in 2013. After reading online about the different routes to apply for British Citizenship, I decided to apply for Settled Status. Last year in February I was granted Settled Status. I waited for 12 months and I am currently applying for naturalization.

However, after completing the application I got redirected to a page where I can see the Documents I need to provide. I got very shocked when I saw the following:
You must include your:
  • passport or EEA national identity card
  • UK permanent residence card
  • evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions
You must have a permanent residence card before you can apply for citizenship Apply for a permanent residence card.
I am asked to provide a UK permanent residence card, even though I am applying with Settled Status (ILR).

Can someone confirm if it's still fine for me to go ahead with my application without a UK permanent residence card?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Applying for Nationality with Settled Status

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:01 am

During the application did you specify you are using ILR under Settled Status rather than PR?
Or did you select EEA Citizen with Permanent Residence? That would trigger the request for the PR Card.
Your application should still be ok but it would be good if you can go back and correct - if not write a cover letter explaining the situation and upload with your documents.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ora
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by ora » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:39 am

Hi everyone, thanks for this forum.
I am here exactly for this same issue, Reoo I am in your situation.
Alterhase58, thank you very much, I checked, in the application form I ticked i am applying under"
Indefinite leave to remain (ILR), including ILR granted under the EU Settlement Scheme".
Do we need to apply for a card now?

Thank you very much

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:44 am

No you don't need to apply for a PR card.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ora
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by ora » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Thank you very much! I will write the cover letter, just to be on the safe side. Thank you very much for the advice!

reoo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by reoo » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:31 pm

Thank you for the clarification.

I double-checked and I have also selected "Indefinite leave to remain (ILR), including ILR granted under the EU Settlement Scheme".

I will make sure I include this in the cover letter.