ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting Documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zezeson
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malawi

Supporting Documents

Post by zezeson » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:21 pm

Good evening everyone, I have sent out my Set P application for ILR however I haven't uploaded any supporting documents. I understand there's a deadline of 10pm on the day of the biometrics appointment, I'm just wondering if there's any grace period if this deadline of 10pm elapses?

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Supporting Documents

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:43 pm

Usually not. Anything you submit after that won't be transmitted to ho for consideration.

You should upload your documents before your appointment ideally. Date of application is the date you submit and pay online and your documents must be dated on or before this date.

Your biometric appointment is irrelevant to date of application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zezeson
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malawi

Post by zezeson » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:50 pm

Thanks, so basically the supporting documents must be submitted today before 10pm?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:54 pm

Yes If that is what the guidelines are and you hope it isn't too late if you have already attended your appointment earlier today.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zezeson
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malawi

Post by zezeson » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:01 pm

I have seen an article which states 10pm as the deadline, I hope that's the case. Thank you very much.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:22 pm

During my biometric appointment I was specifically asked if I was happy to have my application submitted
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

arjay
United Kingdom

Post by arjay » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:38 am

Yes, I have seen comments/interpretations that the date of submission is the date that the centre where you do the biometrics confirms submission of the application, after doing the biometrics, (as opposed to the date one pays for the application).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:16 am

arjay wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:38 am
Yes, I have seen comments/interpretations that the date of submission is the date that the centre where you do the biometrics confirms submission of the application, after doing the biometrics, (as opposed to the date one pays for the application).
You are wrong. The date of application is the date you submit and pay online and NOT the date of biometric appointment with the third party agency ukcvas!! This is clearly mention in official guidance.

You are possibly reading older posts pre November 2018 when in person was at a PSC directly with ukvi!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

arjay
United Kingdom

Post by arjay » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:11 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:16 am
arjay wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:38 am
You are wrong. The date of application is the date you submit and pay online and NOT the date of biometric appointment with the third party agency ukcvas!! This is clearly mention in official guidance.

You are possibly reading older posts pre November 2018 when in person was at a PSC directly with ukvi!!
Thanks for the clarification/confirmation.

I'm getting "itchy feet", - panicking in case the libraries get closed because of Covid-19, and looking for opportunities to apply early. Currently programmed for 2nd April, which is 28 days before the 5 year date.