ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR app- Employer letter date and signature

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RandomVariable
Newly Registered
India

ILR app- Employer letter date and signature

Post by RandomVariable » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:45 pm

Hello Good folks at Immigration Boards,

I have a query as follows. My Tier 2 visa was granted on 15 May 2015and I intend to take a super priority application for ILR on April 17 or 18tht. I have already taken the employer letter on 3rd of March. Queries:

a. The letter will be 45 days. Will that be an issue?
b. The letter is signed electronically. Is that ok?

Regards
RandomVar

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: ILR app- Employer letter date and signature

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:40 am

RandomVariable wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:45 pm
Hello Good folks at Immigration Boards,

I have a query as follows. My Tier 2 visa was granted on 15 May 2015and I intend to take a super priority application for ILR on April 17 or 18tht. I have already taken the employer letter on 3rd of March. Queries:

a. The letter will be 45 days. Will that be an issue?
b. The letter is signed electronically. Is that ok?

Regards
RandomVar
Why take the employer letter so early? It is usually advised that the letter is within a month. if you are still working with the company, I will say there is no need to rush. Get another letter a week before your application.
I don't think there will be issues with an electronic signature. But again, why can't your employer sign physically?
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

RandomVariable
Newly Registered
India

Post by RandomVariable » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:56 am

Hello,

Thanks for a quick response.

The company provides electronically signed letters through an established process and my manager left for a long leave. So the letter is electronically signed and 45 day old.

The document requirements mentions that recent payslip & bank statement must be dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application. I meet that criteria.

The document from the sponsor has no such criterion about the date and it is recent as well.

Please advise.

Thanks
RandomVar

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:14 am

RandomVariable wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:56 am
Hello,

Thanks for a quick response.

The company provides electronically signed letters through an established process and my manager left for a long leave. So the letter is electronically signed and 45 day old.

The document requirements mentions that recent payslip & bank statement must be dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application. I meet that criteria.

The document from the sponsor has no such criterion about the date and it is recent as well.

Please advise.

Thanks
RandomVar
I understand that the one-month criterion might not have been specifically stated for the letter, but I will still advise that such a document confirming that you are currently employed with the company and also required for a foreseeable future is a recent letter. Many things can change in 45 days. Maybe I am overthinking this, but you can wait for contributions from other members of the forum.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

RandomVariable
Newly Registered
India

Post by RandomVariable » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Thank you. I shall look forward to inputs

arjay
United Kingdom

Post by arjay » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:59 pm

Is there no one within your company who could redate and re-issue the letter for you (with any appropriate amendments)?