ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer letters for naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Husamettin2001
Newly Registered
Iraq

Documents required from Tier 2 + ILR to citizenship

Post by Husamettin2001 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:18 pm

Hi,

I came to the UK in 2013 as a post-doc, and stayed with a Tier 2 visa. In February 2019 I qualified the indefinite leave to remain (ILR). For the last 6 months I left the university and have started to work for a company. It has been a year since I got my ILR and now am eligible to apply for citizenship (naturalisation). I read the Naturalisation Booklet on Home Office website, buy I am a bit confused about required documents:
For Proof of living in the UK:
- Do I have to ask my old employers to prove that I have been employed (actually I have done this a year ago while applying to ILR)?
- I have my all payslips and P60s, are these documents sufficient to prove that I have been in the UK?
- Or just my current BRP and my passport is sufficient to prove that I have been in the UK?

Thank you very much in advance,
Husam

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents required from Tier 2 + ILR to citizenship

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:22 pm

- Do I have to ask my old employers to prove that I have been employed (actually I have done this a year ago while applying to ILR)?
No.
- I have my all payslips and P60s, are these documents sufficient to prove that I have been in the UK?
Not required.
- Or just my current BRP and my passport is sufficient to prove that I have been in the UK?
All your passports covering the time in UK etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Husamettin2001
Newly Registered
Iraq

Employer letters for naturalisation application

Post by Husamettin2001 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:16 pm

Hi,

In 2014 I started to work in the UK as a post-doc with a Tier 2 General Sponsor Visa. A year ago I obtained indefinite leave to remain (ILR), and 6 months ago I left my job in academy and started working for a company. Soon I want to apply for citizenship, and I read the document "Form AN Application for naturalisation as a British citizen". I have my BRP, Life in the UK and IELTS Language results (both LUK and IELTS results were used for ILR application). I have a question related to the SECTION 10 of the form, "Evidence of National Insurance contributions covering the relevant period". I have copies of my all P60s and payslips, since I have started working in the UK. In the final line of this section it asks for letters from employer(s):
- Is it sufficient to bring a letter from my current employer or do I have to ask my all past employers for letters?

Thank you very much for your help in advance,
Husam

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Employer letters for naturalisation application

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:25 pm

Topics merged!!!

Asking the same questions gain after 3 days will not change the advice already give previously.

Employers letters are NOT required, neither are P60s or payslips!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:22 pm

@CR001: Why all passports covering the OP's time and not only the passports covering the last 5 years, only? Am I missing something?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:50 pm

tier21419 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:48 pm
CR001 wrote:

@CR001: Why all passports covering the OP's time and not only the passports covering the last 5 years, only? Am I missing something?
Passport used to enter the UK is usually asked for. If op only has one passport then it will obvs cover his whole time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Husamettin2001
Newly Registered
Iraq

Re: Employer letters for naturalisation application

Post by Husamettin2001 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:52 pm

Hi,

Thank you very much for your response, and my apologies for re-sending this. I was a bit frantic at work, and not sure if I sent this 3 days ago. I checked my email and didn't notice any response, and thought that "probably I forgot to post it on Friday". Again, I am sorry and thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,
Husam

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:50 pm
tier21419 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:48 pm
CR001 wrote:

Passport used to enter the UK is usually asked for. If op only has one passport then it will obvs cover his whole time.
Oh, I thought the requirement is to prove residence during the last 5 years and hence one needs to provide a passport covering the last 5 years.
For passport applications, they normally ask for passport used to enter the UK for the first time.