ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query/Clarification regarding ILR and British Citizenship

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spartanking_007
Mood:
India

Query/Clarification regarding ILR and British Citizenship

Post by spartanking_007 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:28 pm

Hello All,

Can someone please clarify on the below questions, if they have had similar situation.

My wife came to UK as PBS Dependent (2015) (Tier 1 General) and I have continued to renew her visa under the same category although i had ILR and eventually became British Citizen now.

Now I am planning to apply ILR to her as she is eligible now.

Question: Should she still needs to wait for one more year to apply for British Citizenship after receiving ILR or can she apply for her naturalisation and passport as soon as she has her ILR as she had cohabitation with me for the past 5 years.

Many thanks in advance for your inputs

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Query/Clarification regarding ILR and British Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:31 pm

Should she still needs to wait for one more year to apply for British Citizenship after receiving ILR or can she apply for her naturalisation and passport as soon as she has her ILR as she had cohabitation with me for the past 5 years.
No need to wait if she meets the requirements. Note it is not about "cohabitation". It is about meeting the 3 year UK residence requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

spartanking_007
Mood:
India

Post by spartanking_007 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:35 pm

Many thanks for your prompt response CR001.

That is great, so as soon as i have successfully received BRP for ILR, i can initiate the naturalisation process.

So which form do i need to use for her ILR application based on my situation.

PBS Dependent for lat 5 years (Feb 2015 to Till date)

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:48 pm

Set O
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.