ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC rejcected

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tvb1976
Newly Registered

EC rejcected

Post by tvb1976 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:40 pm

Dear all,

I have applied HSMP in july 2004 and got approved in Jan 05. I applied for EC clearance at Chennai- India. It got rejected. They are saying the documents, finance..etc are not upto the mark(I hope it may be standard format). I am quite confident that they are sufficient. I showed around 9000 pounds bank statement. I am having UK NARIC certificate, 9+ IT experience, various technical certificates..etc.

Now i am really got upset and it seems there are chance to reapply within 28days. But i am not sure whether it will really helps me or not. I would like to request your suggestions about this. I can reapply at Chennai-India embassy or UK Assylum directly.

1) Please suggest me whether is this worthful or not?
2) IF so, where should I apply? should i apply in UK or India?

Dear all please suggest me. AFter waiting nearly 1year i am facing tough position.

regards,
veeru

narveer

Post by narveer » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:57 pm

This must be very depressing for you. From previous posts I can make out the Chennai Embassy is notorious for rejecting EC. By the way did you submit originals or photocopies?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:58 pm

Sorry to hear about your rejection, but inorder for guys here to be able to help you better you could tell us more about the application,
What documents to you provide for your EC, what plans did you show for accommodation, job search etc? were you interviewed? if so what did they ask you and what did you tell them. And what was the exact wording of the refusal letter?
Another question did you have a job offer (as you seem to have got HSMP approval pretty early),

lightpace

Post by lightpace » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:24 pm

f2k wrote:
Another question did you have a job offer (as you seem to have got HSMP approval pretty early),
July 2004 to January 2005 (7 months) certainly isn't pretty early :shock:

however you could let us in on the questions raised by f2k to enable meaningful contributions.
"A friend is one who comes in after the rest of the world has gone out"
- Bradley Tyler

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:19 pm

Veeru, if they rejected you they should have handed you documentation detailing the reasons. What does it say?

You have detailed the amount of money you have shown, but maybe they did not reject you on financial grounds? Possibly accommodation? Or what?

Can you give some detail about what the rejection document says?
John

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:08 pm

lightpace wrote:
f2k wrote:
July 2004 to January 2005 (7 months) certainly isn't pretty early :shock:

however you could let us in on the questions raised by f2k to enable meaningful contributions.
The reason i said it was quick is becoz they only started the July applications last month, in January they were still stuck on June 7 and that went on for about 2 months with no movement

tvb1976
Newly Registered

Post by tvb1976 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:16 am

He gave the reason saying that the documents are not satisfying him and he didn't get confidence that I can stay there without recourse public funds.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:27 am

I am in tough position.
My EC refused because of improper documentation I guess. Now I can appeal for that but it seems it is useless. Everybody is suggesting never appeal for embassy officer decision. They are asking me to reapply for EC. But the date is over. Since My hsmp is approved in Jan5th and it is validiity for 3months only.So I have to apply before april4th. I lost the chance to reapply.

Now I want to know is there any way to extend the HSMP validity so that I can extend the validity and apply for EC once again. Please give me your suggestions to over come the problem.

regards,
veeru
You are really not a saying lot about your applications and the questions asked by the members of the forum, and I am afraid the less information you provide the less advice you get and also could get inaccurate advice from the guys here.
1. What exactly does the letter of refusal of EC say? You seem to be giving us your interpretation of it. could you actually type here what it says exactly in full, you can xxxx out parts that relate to your identity.
2. What documentation did you supply in your application?
3. Where you given an interview? If yes then what were you asked and what were responses.
4. What did you say about accommodation
5. In terms of your profession and your plans to find work in UK what information did you give

Giving us more information will not only be useful to you but also to others here on the forum. You see your case is really puzzling in that a lot of applicants have been granted EC with much less money than you claim you submitted (£9,000). The only other time I have seen an EC refusal on this forum was when the applicant had failed to meet the english language requirement.

tgs

Post by tgs » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:05 pm

Funny, with £9000 in a bank account they should approve your EC, the £9000 will exclude credit limits. Must be be able to draw the cash in the UK.

Other reasons why they can refuse your EC is your EC application is not consistant with your HSMP application.