ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - English Language Requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sanjayus
Newly Registered
India

ILR - English Language Requirements

Post by sanjayus » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:06 pm

Hi,

Can someone please tell me how to start/post my own topic/question? Sorry for adding to someone else post.

I will be applying for my ILR (T2 Dependent) next week. Even though my qualifications are equivalent to UK bachelor's degree, it would take time (around a month) to get the MOI (Medion of Instruction) letter from my Indian University. Also after that the NAIRC verification will take time. I was wondering if I can take a SELT - B1 - Speaking and Listening - GESE Grade 5 test and pass it. Will that be enough instead of providing the NARIC certificate?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - English Language Requirements

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:15 pm

sanjayus wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:06 pm
Hi,

Can someone please tell me how to start/post my own topic/question? Sorry for adding to someone else post.

I will be applying for my ILR (T2 Dependent) next week. Even though my qualifications are equivalent to UK bachelor's degree, it would take time (around a month) to get the MOI (Medion of Instruction) letter from my Indian University. Also after that the NAIRC verification will take time. I was wondering if I can take a SELT - B1 - Speaking and Listening - GESE Grade 5 test and pass it. Will that be enough instead of providing the NARIC certificate?
Yes that will be enough
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sanjayus
Newly Registered
India

Post by sanjayus » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:37 pm

Thanks a lot for the quick response.

So, in the ILR application should I mention my degree to be UK equivalent and then submit the SELT letter instead of NARIC letter or don't mention it and choose the other option?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:48 pm

sanjayus wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:37 pm
Thanks a lot for the quick response.

So, in the ILR application should I mention my degree to be UK equivalent and then submit the SELT letter instead of NARIC letter or don't mention it and choose the other option?
You should NOT answer that you have a degree, choose the NO option :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice