ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hello, i need some information about immigration

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shahid_rsr
Newly Registered

hello, i need some information about immigration

Post by shahid_rsr » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:11 pm

hello,
one of my friend is an asian man from pakistan. he came here on visit on uk visa. now his visa has been expired. please advice me what he has to do to settle down here ligal. one friend told me to get him marry or take him a work permit, then he can stay here legal. even my friend don't want to go back. please advice him what way will be best for him to stay here. (asylam, marriage, worpermit or any thing else).
thanks and best of luck. :?:

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: hello, i need some information about immigration

Post by Chess » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:24 pm

shahid_rsr wrote:hello,
one of my friend is an asian man from pakistan. he came here on visit on uk visa. now his visa has been expired. please advice me what he has to do to settle down here ligal. one friend told me to get him marry or take him a work permit, then he can stay here legal. even my friend don't want to go back. please advice him what way will be best for him to stay here. (asylam, marriage, worpermit or any thing else).
Best thing to do is to go back to Pakistan and plan a new strategy (i.e to come back on a relevant Visa e.g a workpermit)

I am afraid it is nearly impossible to change status from an expired visitors Visa to Legal stay in-country
Where there is a will there is a way.

shahid_rsr
Newly Registered

Re: hello, i need some information about immigration

Post by shahid_rsr » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:17 pm

Chess wrote:
shahid_rsr wrote:hello,
Best thing to do is to go back to Pakistan and plan a new strategy (i.e to come back on a relevant Visa e.g a workpermit)

I am afraid it is nearly impossible to change status from an expired visitors Visa to Legal stay in-country
thanks for replay and also please tell me if he remains in same status even in irland, there is any possibilty to stay.
thanks.

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:44 pm

Shahid please.........this board is for HSMP relevant queries. You are asking just irrelevant queries. Nobody will guide you to support an illelegal.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:37 pm

Sahid,
The person has violated the UK immigration laws, work permit would be impossible as the person can not move from visitor to work permit within the Uk.
Marriage has the same situation, plus new UK laws require that any foreigner marrying in the UK should have their immigration status checked.
Now, as Mobig clearly pointed out, this board wants to help Highly Skilled Migrants to apply legaly under the UK immigration laws and NOT illigal migrants trying to settle.
My only seggestion and help, tell your friend to go back to his home country and review his life plan.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)