ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of English Language!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Doc2020
Egypt

Proof of English Language!

Post by Doc2020 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:21 pm

Hi everyone,

I've attended my biometric appointment today for my ILR through Tier 2 general visa, 5 years residency.

I'll be applying for BC through marriage to my British citizen wife as soon as I receive my ILR.

I have a question regarding English language!

In my ILR application I was asked:
"Have you previously been granted leave to remain under Tier 2 (General) as a doctor, dentist, nurse or
midwife, and passed an English Language assessment accepted by the relevant regulated professional body as a requirement for registration?"

And as a doctor I've done IELTS academic for my first Tier 2 visa as well as GMC registration so I answered yes.
I wasn't asked to provide an English language certificate but I've submitted that anyway, which is a "Trinity College London B1" certificate that I've done recently.

Now in the Citizenship application, the question says,
"Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?"

What should be the correct answer to this question?

Should I say, yes then "Tier 2 general visa no 007xxxxxx valid from 01/04/2015 till 01/05/2016" which is my first visa that I obtained to work in the UK and add my certificate mentioned above anyway as part of the documents submitted?

Or Should I say no and answer the following questions so that it asks me about the B1 certificate?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Doc2020
Egypt

Re: Proof of English Language!

Post by Doc2020 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:53 pm

Any advice? thanks guys!

Doc2020
Egypt

Re: Proof of English Language!

Post by Doc2020 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:44 pm

Your advice is appreciated guys