ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return to UK with 3 months on passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ssavcn
Newly Registered

Return to UK with 3 months on passport

Post by ssavcn » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:20 am

Hello everyone,

I am an Indian citizen working in the UK on Tier 2. My BRP is valid until 2022. I am travelling to India in April, returning on the 30th of April with my Indian passport due to expire at the end of July.

I don't imagine there will be any problem at either borders but worth checking with others....will there be any issues?

Do I need to do anything?

Thanks,
SSAVCN

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Return to UK with 3 months on passport

Post by seagul » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:58 pm

Passport validity
Your passport must be machine readable, with 2 blank pages for your visa and valid for a minimum of 180 days at the time of your visa application. However, the guidelines regarding passport validity on arrival in India are unclear. To avoid possible problems at immigration, make sure your passport is valid for a minimum of 180 days at the time of entry into India.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.