ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

An EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence document

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

magicsign
Italy

An EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence document

Post by magicsign » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:33 am

Hi, I'm reviewing my answers on the Naturalisation form, I have a doubt on this question :

Are you either :
  • An EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence document
  • A family member of an EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence card
Answer YES or NO.

I am Italian and I have been granted ILR through the EU settlement scheme. I never applied for a permanent residence card so I don't have any. I answered yes to the question but I have a doubt, when they confirm your eu settled status they attach a pdf on the email which I don't think that can be considered a permanent residence document. On the other side I wouldn't event want to reply NO because I am aN EEA national.

Can someone please help or provide me with your opinion, thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: An EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence document

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:37 pm

Did they issue a Biometric Residence Card ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

magicsign
Italy

Post by magicsign » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:49 pm

Thanks for your answer, no I have never applied for a biometric residence card. I have just a normal residence card :

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card

And the settled status granted through the EU Settlement scheme.

AnotherUUID
United Kingdom

Post by AnotherUUID » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:22 pm

magicsign wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:49 pm
Thanks for your answer, no I have never applied for a biometric residence card. I have just a normal residence card :

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card

And the settled status granted through the EU Settlement scheme.
You should then answer NO to the above question as you do not have a DCPR. you will then be presented with a question asking if you hold ILR which includes ILR obtained via the EU settlement scheme.

Note that whatever you put on the form is not permanent until you submit. You can go back and forth and amend your answers as necessary.

Also note that a DCPR looks identical to the blue residence card, the only difference is what is written on it. One will say "Residence documentation" while the other will say "Document certifying permanent residence".

magicsign
Italy

Post by magicsign » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:28 pm

Thank you very much