ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chris90
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Post by Chris90 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:24 pm

People who are waiting for at least 3 months need to go in a higher gear of pressure. It is in your interest and not home office to have your case sorted before year ended at least.

To those with current leave such as 2.5 ltr or no leave at all, home office will watch the scheme expire and tell you, you are not eligible or there is no such route anymore.
They already started this and you could say they are testing the water's to see the outcomes are.

People please remember it's ALWAYS THE SSHD VS YOU. the caseworkers boss is the SSHD . The agents you speak to represents the SSHD. Argue your case from now and pile the pressure for your decision.. at least if you get a decision you are not happy with you can have the court's settled the matter before EU laws and regulations no longer exists.

People please do not wait for last minute or a refusal to try and defend your residence rights. I have been defending my application as if I'm in court since day 1. Add all the facts to your case from now, verbal information is still in certain situations very useful. Send in all the documents that can prove you actually care for your child or children, and what you do not have try and explain why you don't have it. DO NOT WAIT FOR THE CASEWORKER TO REQUEST ANYTHING. if you got information or documents that can help, call up and ask where you need to send it.

People ring your MP even if it appears to not do anything. Complain back to back to manager's, I am 100 percent certain home office caseworker reviews everyone of our calls... Don't believe me? Say something that weakens your case and see how quickly they come after you.

I have had managers used court room terms when discussing my case so you know.
Caseworker interest = SSHD
Your interest. = your decision

Do not let anyone convince you otherwise, THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE, if you ask me I would say I'm trying to be prepared, smart and ready....

Best wishes

netqueen
South Africa

Post by netqueen » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:24 pm

Chris90 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:24 pm
People who are waiting for at least 3 months need to go in a higher gear of pressure. It is in your interest and not home office to have your case sorted before year ended at least.

To those with current leave such as 2.5 ltr or no leave at all, home office will watch the scheme expire and tell you, you are not eligible or there is no such route anymore.
They already started this and you could say they are testing the water's to see the outcomes are.

People please remember it's ALWAYS THE SSHD VS YOU. the caseworkers boss is the SSHD . The agents you speak to represents the SSHD. Argue your case from now and pile the pressure for your decision.. at least if you get a decision you are not happy with you can have the court's settled the matter before EU laws and regulations no longer exists.

People please do not wait for last minute or a refusal to try and defend your residence rights. I have been defending my application as if I'm in court since day 1. Add all the facts to your case from now, verbal information is still in certain situations very useful. Send in all the documents that can prove you actually care for your child or children, and what you do not have try and explain why you don't have it. DO NOT WAIT FOR THE CASEWORKER TO REQUEST ANYTHING. if you got information or documents that can help, call up and ask where you need to send it.

People ring your MP even if it appears to not do anything. Complain back to back to manager's, I am 100 percent certain home office caseworker reviews everyone of our calls... Don't believe me? Say something that weakens your case and see how quickly they come after you.

Do not let anyone convince you otherwise, THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE, if you ask me I would say I'm trying to be prepared, smart and ready....

Best wishes
Chris do you happen to know when the EUSS scheme will end.
My application has been 9 months now. Complained several times and being hitting brick wall.

I call them regularly too. In fact I purposely ask for their names whenever i call and have had rude replies any time i ask them to escalate my case to quality control team. Reading messages on here gives me the hope to go on.
The last complaint i was sent a reply of the case still being considered by case worker with the date given as 29th of March by which time it will be finalized , I am just hoping this time no other excuses.

Tinumo
Wales

Post by Tinumo » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:31 pm

Hello guys.
Not a good news from me.
My application was refused too after 9months dated 9of March
Currently on 2.5 leave to remain and a single mother of a British child who is 4years old and I have lived in the U.K. for over 12years...
It’s about 3pages

Tinumo
Wales

Post by Tinumo » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:46 pm

The section used was 55 of borders and citizenship and immigration act 2009 to have regard to the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of any children who may be affected by the decision.

For you to be qualify you have to meet the Requirement set out in Appendix Eu to the immigration Rule.
And one of the requirement to qualify is you do not already hold leave to remain or enter in the U.K. unless this was granted under the EU settlement scheme.
And because my leave is still valid until July 2020 granted under family/ private life and not under the scheme I am not qualify as a person with a zambrano right to reside.

Not qualify and considered under EU11 of Appendix EU to immigration rules for pre -settled which is set out in EU14 of the appendix. So I have been refused a pre settled under EU6.

Next step if I want to give more information to show that I am qualify I can re apply before June 2021.
If I want to re apply as a person with deriviative right to reside or
If I need to apply under another basis
Or administrative review by another case worker to look
Into it.
Well it is what it is for some reasons i never trusted them and I am glad I had been saving up for my renewal in July.
I am
Not been negative but this seems like a template which may be dash out to many very soon I know some would say God forbid or not their portion lol but truth be told home office is a scam they want your money for renewal I heard ihs is now £1560.
Good luck to those waiting not sure I will be doing the review thing.
It will be the same story since it’s not the judge reviewing it but another colleague..

Tinumo
Wales

Post by Tinumo » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:50 pm

The letter came together with all my original documents submitted exactly 9months ago in the post.
But I believe a lot has changed because what they said initially was you must already have 2.5 and all that bullocks.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:57 pm

Tinumo wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:31 pm
Hello guys.
Not a good news from me.
My application was refused too after 9months dated 9of March
Currently on 2.5 leave to remain and a single mother of a British child who is 4years old and I have lived in the U.K. for over 12years...
It’s about 3pages
Tinumo

Am so so sorry to hear yours too. Home Office is becoming on becoming. Is like they are actually trying to meet their deadline of 17 April 2020 to finish all cases that they communicated to me on 3 February 2020.

These refusals are ultra vires and not in accordance with EU laws.

Home Office using their own guidance-proposals to disadvantage people with 2.5 LTR . That part of policy is ambiguous and technically illegal.

Please take advantage of your appeal right and all would be well

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:11 pm

Tinumo wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:46 pm
The section used was 55 of borders and citizenship and immigration act 2009 to have regard to the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of any children who may be affected by the decision.

For you to be qualify you have to meet the Requirement set out in Appendix Eu to the immigration Rule.
And one of the requirement to qualify is you do not already hold leave to remain or enter in the U.K. unless this was granted under the EU settlement scheme.
And because my leave is still valid until July 2020 granted under family/ private life and not under the scheme I am not qualify as a person with a zambrano right to reside.

Not qualify and considered under EU11 of Appendix EU to immigration rules for pre -settled which is set out in EU14 of the appendix. So I have been refused a pre settled under EU6.

Next step if I want to give more information to show that I am qualify I can re apply before June 2021.
If I want to re apply as a person with deriviative right to reside or
If I need to apply under another basis
Or administrative review by another case worker to look
Into it.
Well it is what it is for some reasons i never trusted them and I am glad I had been saving up for my renewal in July.
I am
Not been negative but this seems like a template which may be dash out to many very soon I know some would say God forbid or not their portion lol but truth be told home office is a scam they want your money for renewal I heard ihs is now £1560.
Good luck to those waiting not sure I will be doing the review thing.
It will be the same story since it’s not the judge reviewing it but another colleague..
Tinumo

This leave home Office talking about is not exempted leave. In accordance of the rule adapted into settlement scheme home Office is trying to say that PSIC means persons subject to immigration control are exempt people. If so why do they have restrictions on them and can't make benefits.

Shame to the Home Office and what also they're doing is to make decisions on those 2.5 LTR applicants who have more than 28 days left so that they wouldn't qualify for Zambrano right.

Because it's clearly stated in their guidance that if those with leave to remain has less than 28 days then the caseworker should grant under Zambrano because failure would compel the British child leaves the member states

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:48 pm

Tinumo wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:50 pm
The letter came together with all my original documents submitted exactly 9months ago in the post.
But I believe a lot has changed because what they said initially was you must already have 2.5 and all that bullocks.
Hi Sorry to hear about that.did they put any references to patel vs ssd case? Did they give u right to appleal.

Darasimidd
United Kingdom

Post by Darasimidd » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:25 pm

I also applied june Last year and I've applied for leave to remain extension. I called eu settlement yesterday and no decision has been made as off yesterday, I guess the reason is because I have got a decision for my leave to remain extension 😂😂😂. Please is there a way one can appeal eu settlement decision without going through the review? I mean is there a way u can take them straight to court?

Prettymum
United Kingdom

Post by Prettymum » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:51 pm

Darasimidd wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:25 pm
I also applied june Last year and I've applied for leave to remain extension. I called eu settlement yesterday and no decision has been made as off yesterday, I guess the reason is because I have got a decision for my leave to remain extension 😂😂😂. Please is there a way one can appeal eu settlement decision without going through the review? I mean is there a way u can take them straight to court?
Hi Darasimidd

Is the extension positive?

Darasimidd
United Kingdom

Post by Darasimidd » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:35 pm

Prettymum wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:51 pm
Darasimidd wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:25 pm
Hi Darasimidd

Is the extension positive?
Sorry I was going to write that the reason eu settlement case worker has delayed decision for my case might be that he/she is waiting for leave to remain case worker to extend my leave to remain. I'm still waiting for leave to remain decision. I did my biometric in February, case worker requested for additional evidence (letter from doctor and my daughter school) and I sent immediately. I also send them copies of letters from housing benefits requesting for my new biometric card.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:29 pm

netqueen wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:24 pm
Chris90 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:24 pm

Best wishes
Chris do you happen to know when the EU Settlement Scheme scheme will end.
My application has been 9 months now. Complained several times and being hitting brick wall.

I call them regularly too. In fact I purposely ask for their names whenever i call and have had rude replies any time i ask them to escalate my case to quality control team. Reading messages on here gives me the hope to go on.
The last complaint i was sent a reply of the case still being considered by case worker with the date given as 29th of March by which time it will be finalized , I am just hoping this time no other excuses.
Netqueen what date u made application?

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:55 pm

@Mubashir,
I received a letter from the tribunal service today, they want me to send written evidence and submissions by 9th of April. Please I need your help. Have you submitted yours? Thanks

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:58 pm

Ngoo wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:55 pm
@Mubashir,
I received a letter from the tribunal service today, they want me to send written evidence and submissions by 9th of April. Please I need your help. Have you submitted yours? Thanks
I have sent u private msg 2 weeks ago u didnt reply me?

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:00 pm

Ngoo wrote:
@Mubashir,
On top right side there should be address of court can u plz tell me which one is it?

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:23 am

mubashir1981 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:58 pm
Ngoo wrote:
@Mubashir,
I have sent u private msg 2 weeks ago u didnt reply me?
I didn’t get the message

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:31 am

mubashir1981 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:00 pm
Ngoo wrote:
@Mubashir,
On top right side there should be address of court can u plz tell me which one is it?
@Mubashir, Is Taylor House.
Check your outbox I sent private message too and it went straight to my outbox.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:45 am

Ngoo wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:31 am
mubashir1981 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:00 pm
Ngoo wrote:
@Mubashir,
On top right side there should be address of court can u plz tell me which one is it? I need ur e mail addres.
@Mubashir, Is Taylor House.
Check your outbox I sent private message too and it went straight to my outbox.
No pm from u. I send u again it went in outbox i think i should ahow in sent msges.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:32 am

Tinumo wrote:

Hi Tinumo, it’s shocking to hear you have been refused. In your application, did you give them evidence to back up why your child’s father cannot look after your child?.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:52 am

LULUBABY wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:32 am
Tinumo wrote:

Hi Tinumo, it’s shocking to hear you have been refused. In your application, did you give them evidence to back up why your child’s father cannot look after your child?.
Home Office is not going through documents people have sent, they only think of their illegal guidance which they interpret Leave under 16( 7A) includes persons subject to immigration control . People term PSIC are not exempt and are technically being eliminated by substitution

Tinumo
Wales

Post by Tinumo » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:56 pm

@lulabay I don’t think they check the documents like @snookey said.
I am
Single mother from the beginning, I even attached the declaration of parantage I got from family court stating the father of my child refused DNA testing and they can say he’s the father and he didn’t even show up for the three hearings.
And all pictures and evidence of birth she even carry my last name.
Like I said the refusal letter sounded more like a template.
No case reference was used like Patel and co.
They only ask you to go and check the appendix and read more about it...
No appeal as my stay is still valid only administrative review by another senior colleague..

apollo_alpha
United Kingdom

Post by apollo_alpha » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:07 pm

Tinumo wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:56 pm
I am
Single mother from the beginning, I even attached the declaration of parantage I got from family court stating the father of my child refused DNA testing and they can say he’s the father and he didn’t even show up for the three hearings.
No appeal as my stay is still valid only administrative review by another senior colleague..
Hi Tinumo,

I am shocked to hear that you were not given a right of appeal. It appears to me that the courts is the only avenue for Zambrano applicant's with existing 2.5yrs LTR to get their status under the EUSS.

I will recommend you call the resolution center and complain about why you were not given a right of appeal since the decision was made after 31 January 2020. You should be given a right of appeal whether or not you have a valid leave to remain. I just think that the reason you were not given a right of appeal is because they don't want you to challenge the decision in court and because they will certainly lose given the recent decision of the Supreme Court in Patel. They want to silent us and I don't think that fair.

You might need to sick legal advice as well but first query why you were not given a right of appeal and you can take things from there.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:08 pm

Tinumo wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:56 pm
I am
Mhhhhhhh.

Tinumo
Wales

Post by Tinumo » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:05 pm

Let me see if I can summarise it.
Thank you for your application under the Eu scheme as a person with a zambrano right to reside.Your application has been carefully considered but unfortunately from the information available you do not meet the requirements of the scheme.i am sorry to inform you that your application has therefore been refused.The rest of the letter details the reasons you have been refused, what you can do next and the help available from us.

In making decision, we have complied with our duty under section 55 of the borders,citizenship and immigration act 2009 to have regard to the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of any children who may be affected by the decision namely (my daughter’s name then followed ).This duty cannot on its own satisfy the eligibility requirements of the EU settlement scheme for a person with a Zambrano right to reside, but in assessing your application, the child’s best interest have been a primary consideration.

Reasons why your application has been refused
We have considered whether you meet the requirements for the settled status ( also known as indefinite leave to enter or remain ) or pre - settled status (also known as limited leave to enter or remain ) under the Ru scheme.
Unfortunately, based on the information and evidence available to us and for the reasons set out in this letter you do not meet the requirements.
To qualify under the scheme you need to meet the requirements that are set out in part 1 appendix Eu to the immigration rules.
You can find out more on www.gov.uk/settled-status-Eu-citizens-f ... ligibility.
You have applied under the Eu scheme as a person with zambrano right to reside on the basis that you are the primary carer of a British citizen, but to qualify under the scheme you need to meet the requirements set out in Appwndix EU to the immigration rules.
And your application has been refused for the reasons set below.
1) one of the requirement for qualifying for settled or pre settled is that you do not already have leave to remain or enter in the U.K. unless this was Granted under the Eu scheme ( but it doesn’t make sense as no application has been granted under the scheme as the scheme is a new scheme ? Maybe I am wrong and before they said you must hold leave to remain but now they saying it not the case.
2)our records show you hold leave to remain until July 2020 and it was granted under the family/private life not under the EU scheme . This means you cannot qualify as a person with a zambrano right to reside.
As your existing leave to enter or remain means your application cannot succeed, we have considered the rest of your application.

It is considered that the information available does not show that you meet the requirements for settled status set out in rule EU11 of Appemdix EU to the immigration rules
Or those for pre settled status which are set out in rule EU14 of that appendix.
Therefore you have been refused settled status and pre settled under the Rule EU6.
We have enclosed the documents that were submitted in support of this application.

Next steps.
If you have additional information or evidence
To show you meet the requirements, you can make another application to the Eu scheme anytime before 30 June 2021 for free.
If you wish to re apply as a person with deveriative right to reside you need to call the Eu scheme to request for another paper.
If you wish to apply on another basis you maybe able to apply online.
If you prefer you can apply for an administrative review it means a different caseworker or an independent team will reconsider your application if you think that the original caseworker Made an error or did not follow the published guidance or where you have a new information or evidence in support of your application that’s shows you meet the requirements of the scheme and your have 28 days from
The date of which you receive this decision to apply for administrative review.
And what follows was information on how to apply for a review online with fees and also you can call Eu scheme if you have an queries about the letter.
Hope this solve your nightmares..

Knikks
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Knikks » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:26 pm

Hello everyone

I have also been refused after 9months of long wait, and it’s on the same basis of holding a leave presently which is against the criteria for Zambrano application...it’s so saddening Buh life goes on, best of luck to everyone