ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maxoid76
Newly Registered
Latvia

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by maxoid76 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:42 pm

I think you easily can as invitation from Council contains all the steps to do and also saying that you must bring that invitation letter and no single word about letter from HO. As confirmation of that - they just checked that invitation letter at my ceremony.

Sous49
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sous49 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:02 pm

Papy wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:28 pm
Papy wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:39 pm
Hello all honestly I don’t understand HO . I got this email on the 21st February

Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

Please be advised that a decision has been despatched via 2nd class post.

Date posted: 19TH FEBRUARY 2020

If you have not received your decision within 10 working days of the date posted please email FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk after 10 working days I contacted them back and I got this Thank you for your e-mail

This may take 21 working days to receive

Thank you

FMT

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group

UKVI - Citizenship, Work, Study, Premium
Red Zone, 4th Floor, Capital Building, Liverpool L3 9PP

www.homeoffice.gov.uk. Could someone explain me why all this . Thanks you and by the way my application been with them for 8 months now
Could someone tell me if I can go to the ceremony citizenships with my invitation, without the approval from the HO . Because by curiosity I call the council and asked them if they received my certification from the HO and they confirmed yes and I have giving a date also to attend already, but issued is I have updated my home address with the HO online and have a confirmation of that but it seem the HO have sent my approval to the old adresse I find that out through the council today when they told me my invitations was sent to my old address and I give them the new address and they Will post my invitation in my new address. The issue now is with the HO . Any advice will help thanks you
Hi Papy
congratulations, yes You can
My daughter had her council invitation perfore the approval and she was allowed to attend the ceremony without the approval letter

Papy
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by Papy » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:44 pm

maxoid76 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:42 pm
I think you easily can as invitation from Council contains all the steps to do and also saying that you must bring that invitation letter and no single word about letter from HO. As confirmation of that - they just checked that invitation letter at my ceremony.
Thank you

Papy
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by Papy » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:45 pm

Sous49 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:02 pm
Papy wrote:
Papy wrote:
Hello all honestly I don’t understand HO . I got this email on the 21st February

If you have not received your decision within 10 working days of the date posted please email FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk after 10 working days I contacted them back and I got this Thank you for your e-mail

Thank you

FMT

www.homeoffice.gov.uk. Could someone explain me why all this . Thanks you and by the way my application been with them for 8 months now
Could someone tell me if I can go to the ceremony citizenships with my invitation, without the approval from the HO . Because by curiosity I call the council and asked them if they received my certification from the HO and they confirmed yes and I have giving a date also to attend already, but issued is I have updated my home address with the HO online and have a confirmation of that but it seem the HO have sent my approval to the old adresse I find that out through the council today when they told me my invitations was sent to my old address and I give them the new address and they Will post my invitation in my new address. The issue now is with the HO . Any advice will help thanks you
Hi Papy
congratulations, yes You can
My daughter had her council invitation perfore the approval and she was allowed to attend the ceremony without the approval letter
Thank you

Gurly93
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Gurly93 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:40 am

Hi guys it's been 6 months today since the day I sent my application now can i start emailing them now or wait a couple of weeks wait for them to reach out to me if ever??

topsecret
Mood:
Korea South

Post by topsecret » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:04 pm

Hi everyone, today i received this email from Home office

Thank you for your correspondence requesting progress on your application for naturalisation as a British citizen.

I can confirm that your application is in the process and that decisions on applications are usually made within six months.

Unfortunately, your application is taking longer than usual, to be processed. As you may be aware, naturalisation is not an automatic process, and we have to make a number of enquiries to ensure that applicants can satisfy the statutory requirements. Some of these enquiries are carried out by external agencies on our behalf and can sometimes take longer than six months to complete.

You do not need to contact us. We will endeavour to conclude your application at the earliest opportunity and we will write to you again as soon as the necessary checks are complete. Please be assured that, as soon as we are in a position to reach a decision, you will be notified accordingly.

We believe we have addressed all the points you have raised. If you have any further questions please contact us at: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk.

this is the 5th time i received the same reply from Home Office, Any body have a same experience ??

topsecret
Mood:
Korea South

Post by topsecret » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:31 pm

i know some of my friends, they apply for british naturalization after me, with speed driving points-debit notices-illegel stay-outstanding loan, but they got approval letter from home office.
I applied in october 2019 and still waiting for facing refusal or approval, paying council tax, working in same place from last 6 year, no debit notice, no loan, no fraud, did nothing wrong ever in the uk, and the reward is keep waiting.
Is this Uk Home office doing right with people ?
:?: :?: :?: :?:

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:27 pm

topsecret wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:31 pm
i know some of my friends, they apply for british naturalization after me, with speed driving points-debit notices-illegel stay-outstanding loan, but they got approval letter from home office
The examples you are giving don't automatically lead to refusal of applications.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

topsecret
Mood:
Korea South

Post by topsecret » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:33 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:27 pm
topsecret wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:31 pm
i know some of my friends, they apply for british naturalization after me, with speed driving points-debit notices-illegel stay-outstanding loan, but they got approval letter from home office
The examples you are giving don't automatically lead to refusal of applications.

so you mean that speeding point, illegal stay, loan not paying back, debit notices, these all things are in good character ?

topsecret
Mood:
Korea South

Post by topsecret » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:47 am

In my application delaying cause is good character report not finalized because i did not do anything wrong in the country, if i do a fraud or bankrupt, it would be a good sign ? is that u saying :?: :?:

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:31 am

topsecret wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:47 am
In my application delaying cause is good character report not finalized because i did not do anything wrong in the country, if i do a fraud or bankrupt, it would be a good sign ? is that u saying :?: :?:
No.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... y-guidance
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Stefan Piatek
Poland

Post by Stefan Piatek » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:13 pm

topsecret wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:04 pm
Hi everyone, today i received this email from Home office

Thank you for your correspondence requesting progress on your application for naturalisation as a British citizen.

I can confirm that your application is in the process and that decisions on applications are usually made within six months.

Unfortunately, your application is taking longer than usual, to be processed. As you may be aware, naturalisation is not an automatic process, and we have to make a number of enquiries to ensure that applicants can satisfy the statutory requirements. Some of these enquiries are carried out by external agencies on our behalf and can sometimes take longer than six months to complete.

You do not need to contact us. We will endeavour to conclude your application at the earliest opportunity and we will write to you again as soon as the necessary checks are complete. Please be assured that, as soon as we are in a position to reach a decision, you will be notified accordingly.

We believe we have addressed all the points you have raised. If you have any further questions please contact us at: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk.

this is the 5th time i received the same reply from Home Office, Any body have a same experience ??
Don’t worry, this is a standard reply - a chance is no one even reads our emails. I asked if I need to send an additional file and what address to use if yes and got the same reply. We need to wait :(

Sous49
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sous49 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:37 pm

Topsecret

They even use the same wording.not even a word different

topsecret
Mood:
Korea South

Post by topsecret » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:51 am

Sous49 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:37 pm
Topsecret

i believe delaying my application cause only because i applied for naturalization via refugee route thats way, Home office treating with Refugees like they are not human, no feeling, no rights.

Sous49
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Sous49 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:58 am

topsecret wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:51 am
Sous49 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:37 pm
Topsecret

i believe delaying my application cause only because i applied for naturalization via refugee route thats way, Home office treating with Refugees like they are not human, no feeling, no rights.
I an also through refugee route but to be fair there is others how were under other categories and they also waited that long

Polka909
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Polka909 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:58 pm

There are so many people who applied weeks after me and have already started to get their naturalisation letters.
I don’t know if I should panic or not, letter lost? Application complication? Any other issue?
My application is pretty straight forward, there are no issues as far as I know so not sure if I’m one of the people who has to wait long for no reason.

I’ve no idea what to do.

ohgeliex
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ohgeliex » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:24 am

Polka909 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:58 pm
There are so many people who applied weeks after me and have already started to get their naturalisation letters.
I don’t know if I should panic or not, letter lost? Application complication? Any other issue?
My application is pretty straight forward, there are no issues as far as I know so not sure if I’m one of the people who has to wait long for no reason.

I’ve no idea what to do.
I'm having to deal with the same thing. Been lurking on this site for info and advice before I finally managed to make a post. I am in the middle of either e-mailing them for updates (although I would probably get a blanket reply) or keep calm and wait out.

It's only been a month but as I also considered mine as straightforward I assumed that would be enough.

Gurly93
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Gurly93 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:33 am

Hi it has been 6 months since I sent out my application back in September 2019 and I got nothing up until today...

I would like to perhaps email them but which email address to use?? Or should I just wait it out and not bother contacting them?

Any response would be appreciated thank you!

Papy
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by Papy » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:48 am

Papy wrote:
Papy wrote:

Thank you

FMT

Hi guys I finally get my invitation first from the council through calling them to check because the HO didn’t update my address when I moved to my new address and I contacted the HO to chase them about the approval through this email Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk and they respond me yesterday by sending my approval letter by email and my ceremony is tomorrow after 8.5 months of waiting and my application was straight forward. Thanks you all guys and Good luck for those who still waiting be patient as well he help a lot I must say this email address is better then sommes who just sent generic responds Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk

Polka909
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Polka909 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:26 pm

ohgeliex wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:24 am
Polka909 wrote:

I’ve no idea what to do.
I'm having to deal with the same thing. Been lurking on this site for info and advice before I finally managed to make a post. I am in the middle of either e-mailing them for updates (although I would probably get a blanket reply) or keep calm and wait out.

It's only been a month but as I also considered mine as straightforward I assumed that would be enough.
When did you apply?

ohgeliex
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ohgeliex » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:20 pm

Polka909 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:26 pm
ohgeliex wrote:
Polka909 wrote:

I’ve no idea what to do.

When did you apply?
I applied February 3rd, I believe. But completed sending my documents and biometrics not until a week later. Based on how my sister did on her application, as well as reading through other similar experiences, I was kind of expecting mine would come in at least 4-6 weeks.

So I'm just keeping calm for now but it does make me wonder.

Arsenal86
United Kingdom

Post by Arsenal86 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:29 pm

ohgeliex wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:20 pm
Polka909 wrote:
ohgeliex wrote:
Polka909 wrote:

I’ve no idea what to do.

When did you apply?
I applied February 3rd, I believe. But completed sending my documents and biometrics not until a week later. Based on how my sister did on her application, as well as reading through other similar experiences, I was kind of expecting mine would come in at least 4-6 weeks.

Come on mate you only applied 1 month ago and you are being worry, there are people waiting more than 6 month,
It doesn't say anywhere if your case is straightforward you will get it in 1 month, it says it is 6 month for straightforward case, if you get an aproval before 6 month than that's even better but nothing to do with straightforward case.
My case was very straightforward and it took them 7 month to decide.
How I do understand how they work is if one case worker has example 10 cases and 9 of them are straightforward but the only one who is not it is in top of them and delayes them too.

faarah
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by faarah » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:54 pm

Hello All

Applied online 6-3-2020 for my Naturalisation application, unfortunately did not realize 3 years ago I was not present in UK for the period 20-2-2017 till 18-3-2017. Fees deducted and I m due to go for submission of documents and biometric on 30-3-2020. I read on the MN1 guidebook if the physical presence is more then 2 months then office will refuse the application but if it's under 2 months then officer can act as a descretion his choice he can ask the applicant to signed and choose the date you were present in the UK.

I m too scared as the fees is nearly £1500 which I paid after the ILR £3500 Fee

Any recommendation if I need to write Home office for this or any other experience that give me some good sleep till then

Many thanks
If someone want to help please reply here or pm me on email address removed by moderator

Polka909
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Polka909 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:59 pm

ohgeliex wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:20 pm
Polka909 wrote:
ohgeliex wrote:
Polka909 wrote:

I’ve no idea what to do.

When did you apply?

Ok cool looks like the early feb ones are pending. Let’s pray we all get sorted this week. The virus thing is just making me more nervous. What I fear is losing letters in the post.

Stefan Piatek
Poland

Post by Stefan Piatek » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:57 am

Polka909 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:59 pm

Ok cool looks like the early feb ones are pending. Let’s pray we all get sorted this week. The virus thing is just making me more nervous. What I fear is losing letters in the post.
[/quote]

No. Calm down. I applied 31.12.2019. My friend applied 15.11.2019 and still nothing.