ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document checklist - what else do I need?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

magicsign
Italy

Re: Another question for refferies

Post by magicsign » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:39 am

I believe that even a Computer Science degree for example should be considered as professional qualification.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:22 pm

Pan13 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:01 am
NOTE TO ADMIN: Please do not merge my threads, although it regards same issue, I keep on asking different options, my last thread was left without answer because of merge.

I am keep coming back to square one. When I thought I got a ref turns out it wouldn't be accepted.

So what about Engineer (with professional qualifactions)

I know a solution delivery engineer (IT branch) would he qualify? He isn't a member of any professional body but got professional qualifications.
1. It is not up to you to decide about the forum rules, which are very clear in multiple topics, link below. The same rule applies to the majority of internet forums!!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html

An IT engineer doesn't qualify
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AnotherUUID
United Kingdom

Post by AnotherUUID » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:58 pm

magicsign wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:39 am
I believe that even a Computer Science degree for example should be considered as professional qualification.
No, this is incorrect advice.

An Informatics graduate - which includes all Informatics disciplines such as software engineering, computer science, data science, artificial intelligence, etc, etc) - is not automatically a professional regardless of the level of their degree (e.g. undergraduate, post-graduate, or PhD).

People working in an Informatics discipline (e.g. IT/software engineer/developer) are only considered professional if they also have an affiliation with the British Computer Society (BCS) and they are either:
  • Chartered (CITP or CEng); or
  • Associate member (AMBCS)
  • Professional member (MBCS)
  • Fellow (FBCS)
CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:22 pm
An IT engineer doesn't qualify
They do qualify. But only as explained above.

AnotherUUID
United Kingdom

Post by AnotherUUID » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:18 pm

Pan13 wrote:

I know a solution delivery engineer (IT branch) would he qualify? He isn't a member of any professional body but got professional qualifications.
I doubt they will qualify w/o BCS membership, as the accepted BCS levels of membership are clearly stated on the list of accepted professions.

Can you explain what professional qualifications they have? It would help to give us a better view.

Most 'professional' IT qualifications - insofar as the meaning of professional is concerned in this context - would have been qualifications approved and issued by the BCS or BCS-authorised third party in which case it is likely that some level of BCS membership would have been necessary in order to undergo said qualifications.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:56 pm

AnotherUUID wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:18 pm
Pan13 wrote:

I doubt they will qualify w/o BCS membership, as the accepted BCS levels of membership are clearly stated on the list of accepted professions.

Can you explain what professional qualifications they have? It would help to give us a better view.

Most 'professional' IT qualifications - insofar as the meaning of professional is concerned in this context - would have been qualifications approved and issued by the BCS or BCS-authorised third party in which case it is likely that some level of BCS membership would have been necessary in order to undergo said qualifications.

From a recent experience of someone I know, an IT Engineer was accepted as a referee. Although the 2 refs provided were Engineers and both British Citizens.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

AnotherUUID
United Kingdom

Post by AnotherUUID » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:02 pm

Djsuccess wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:56 pm
From a recent experience of someone I know, an IT Engineer was accepted as a referee. Although the 2 refs provided were Engineers and both British Citizens.
Well... I can't say I'm surprised but in the end nobody really knows how HO actually do checks and where they exercise discretion and to what degree apart from what we have in the guidelines. I have heard (from not so reliable sources) that some people were granted citizenship with 2 British referees and an explanation that they do not really know anyone of professional standing.

Given the official guidance, I would say that's a small sample size to rely on. It's up to OP to decide whether they'd should risk it. In either case it's best to have a "back up" referee in mind in case HO are not satisfied with a "non-professional" IT Engineer and want another referee.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:53 pm

AnotherUUID wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:02 pm
Djsuccess wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:56 pm
Well... I can't say I'm surprised but in the end nobody really knows how HO actually do checks and where they exercise discretion and to what degree apart from what we have in the guidelines. I have heard (from not so reliable sources) that some people were granted citizenship with 2 British referees and an explanation that they do not really know anyone of professional standing.

Given the official guidance, I would say that's a small sample size to rely on. It's up to OP to decide whether they'd should risk it. In either case it's best to have a "back up" referee in mind in case HO are not satisfied with a "non-professional" IT Engineer and want another referee.
perhaps the reason the example I cited went through successfully was because the second referee was a Manager in a big company but the profession was Environmental/chemical Engineering.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Pan13
United Kingdom

Which forms I should use for referees? - confused

Post by Pan13 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:32 pm

I am doing application online.

The online one is just like a paper version of AN application. And it asks for a lot of details addresses and so on.

However

When you conclude your application it asks you to download 2 forms which only requires signature, full name and date.

Which should I use?

Pan13
United Kingdom

Employer reference - P60s needed?

Post by Pan13 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:21 pm

I got already a reference letter from employer stating that I work for him for the last well, 'double digit' years.

Do I still need to include P60s?

I only have P60s from 2016-2019 so 4 of them. Will that suffice or the reference letter itself will work?

Thank you

Pan13
United Kingdom

Document checklist - what else do I need?

Post by Pan13 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:27 pm

EU national

I got passport to prove my nationality and identity + Permanent Residence Card done in 2017 + Settled Status in Feb 2019.

Got letter from employer confirming last 13 years + P60s, some college certificates as well.

2 referee declarations, LIUK, Trinity SELT.

Is there anything else I forgot about?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Document checklist - what else do I need?

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:17 pm

Sounds about right.

Fill the form online and at the end, you will see a check-list of documents you need to submit for your particular profile.