ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Impact of getting public fund on Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yasmin123

Impact of getting public fund on Naturalization

Post by Yasmin123 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:13 pm

Hi,

I am right now on ILR Settlement visa (ten years basis) and I am intending to apply for British passport in month October this year. I have quick question that there are short computer courses conducting in my area and I have plan to apply for it. The courses have been funded by Government. My question is if I do that course and in month of Oct I apply for Naturalization will that have any impact on it. I am afraid they might say since you get access of public fund we will not allow you for naturalization.
Can you please reply on that

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Impact of getting public fund on Naturalization

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:42 pm

You are allowed access to public funds.

Note also that you have to apply for citizenship and attend a ceremony before you can apply for a "British passport".
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Impact of getting public fund on Naturalization

Post by London22 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:17 pm

Yasmin123 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:13 pm
Hi,

I am right now on ILR Settlement visa (ten years basis) and I am intending to apply for British passport in month October this year. I have quick question that there are short computer courses conducting in my area and I have plan to apply for it. The courses have been funded by Government. My question is if I do that course and in month of Oct I apply for Naturalization will that have any impact on it. I am afraid they might say since you get access of public fund we will not allow you for naturalization.
Can you please reply on that

Thanks in advance
Hi Yasmino
You can take any types of benefits &study courses funded by govt as all this doesn't have an impact on naturalization application.