ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR document submission

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kakaman

FLR document submission

Post by Kakaman » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:17 pm

Hi guys,

Need help in this matter. My visa is due for renewal in April. I know the 28 day rule so I will be applying in March. My questions are:

1. Should I get bank statements within the last 28 days or can I start preparing right now?
2. I have pdfs of my energy bill, can I upload them directly or do I need to print them and scan them through at my appointment?
3. Do I need bank statements for the last two years (24 statements) or can I submit 10 for example within this 2 year range, e.g. July 19 then the next one October?

Thanks in advance everyone.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR document submission

Post by seagul » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:07 pm

Kakaman wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:17 pm
Hi guys,

Need help in this matter. My visa is due for renewal in April. I know the 28 day rule so I will be applying in March. My questions are:

1. Should I get bank statements within the last 28 days or can I start preparing right now?
2. I have pdfs of my energy bill, can I upload them directly or do I need to print them and scan them through at my appointment?
3. Do I need bank statements for the last two years (24 statements) or can I submit 10 for example within this 2 year range, e.g. July 19 then the next one October?

Thanks in advance everyone.
Assuming you are referring to FLRM extension

1. Latest bank statement & payslip must be dated within 28 days from the date of application. You can keep collecting the bank statements of all relevant months.

2. PDF bills should be able to upload without printing them

3. You can use them with even gaps of 3-4 months covering the last 2 years. You need 6 piece of documents if joint named or 12 if individually addressed.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Kakaman

Post by Kakaman » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:27 pm

Thanks seagul

Kakaman

Post by Kakaman » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:41 pm

Hi Guys,

Another question, my work issue e- payslips will they work?
Also, If I am right we need 3 different sources for cohabitation. I am using
Joint bank account
Gas & elec Bills
Water bill

Does it seem sufficient?
Or should I add my land registry document and mortgage summary too

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:56 pm

Kakaman wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:41 pm
Another question, my work issue e- payslips will they work?
If they are formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name, they should be fine.
Kakaman wrote:
Joint bank account
Gas & elec Bills
Water bill

Does it seem sufficient?
Yes, a minimum of 3 sources is required.
Kakaman wrote:
The mortgage statement can be used to help prove cohabitation. Both of these would be helpful towards proving ownership of adequate accommodation.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:38 pm

Kakaman wrote:

Joint bank account
Gas & elec Bills
Water bill
Yes. Also see reply #3 in previous post.
Kakaman wrote:
Does it seem sufficient?
Also add council tax (if available).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Kakaman

Post by Kakaman » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:12 pm

Hi guys

Sorry for disturbing you again

I am not sure if I can use the co habitation docs above
Water bill comes twice yearly on both names so I don't have 6 different documents - I only have 3 of those

I was planning on using joint mortgage statement but Halifax doesn't issue it separately 6 months . They give you a summary page for two years

My question here is can I use both if these above or should I start looking for something else

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:55 pm

Kakaman wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:12 pm
My question here is can I use both if these above or should I start looking for something else
You need more evidences even in individual names and few ones almost everyone have even not named on any bill such as credit card, NHS & DVLA letters, mobile bills, car insurance, letter from local council and anything bear your name & address on it.

Kakaman

Post by Kakaman » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:14 pm

Thanks seagul
So it won't work . I got 6 statements from Halifax mortgages but they are dated at the same day with different months

So I should get more sources
I won't have 6 of each. Should I worry or provide as much as I can

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:23 pm

Kakaman wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:14 pm
Thanks seagul
So it won't work . I got 6 statements from Halifax mortgages but they are dated at the same day with different months
These will be counted from one source out of three sources
Kakaman wrote:
So I should get more sources
Yes same as said earlier. See previous post and the suggested easy sources.
Kakaman wrote:
provide as much as I can
yes but must be from atleast 3 different sources with 3-4 months gaps covering the last 2 years.

Kakaman

Post by Kakaman » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:57 pm

Hi Guys,

I know right now these are unprecedented times. I submitted my FLR application last week and when I was checking the appointments for Sopra steria there were some appointments available despite the lockdown.

Should I take the appointment? Can anyone confirm whether they are open or not based on their recent visit.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:05 pm

Kakaman wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:57 pm

Should I take the appointment? Can anyone confirm whether they are open or not based on their recent visit.
PJUKVIS attended yesterday at Cardiff centre :shock:

general-uk-immigration-forum/ukvcas-sup ... -3580.html

NIKKI15810
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by NIKKI15810 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:05 pm

Hi there,

Can payslips and a P60 be used as proof of cohabitance?

My husband moved here in September 2017 so I was thinking of submitting the following but not sure if it's enough:

SEP 17: national insurance number letter (him), payslip (me)

APR 18: P60 (him), bank account statement (me)

SEP 18: Council tax bill (joint)

FEB 19: Council tax bill (joint)

OCT 19: Bank statement (him), bank statement (me)

FEB 20: Council tax bill (joint)

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:14 pm

NIKKI15810 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:05 pm
Neither are on the list of "example acceptable items" associated with the requirement, so ideally you should be looking for a document from an official source that the Home Office could contact to verify if necessary (any government department, NHS or GP, TV licence, utility bills, tenancy agreement or mortgage statement, bank statement, etc.).

You also only need to cover the last two years and the spacing of the document dates should reflect that.

Also just noticed this wasn't your thread, so would suggest you start your own topic for any questions you might have.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:51 pm

geoeng wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:14 pm
NIKKI15810 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:05 pm
Neither are on the list of "example acceptable items" associated with the requirement, so ideally you should be looking for a document from an official source that the Home Office could contact to verify if necessary
That list is simply illustrative. Payslips & p60 are definitely acceptable documents which even can be verified very easily.

Kakaman

Post by Kakaman » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:02 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:05 pm
Kakaman wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:57 pm

PJUKVIS attended yesterday at Cardiff centre :shock:

general-uk-immigration-forum/ukvcas-sup ... -3580.html
Thanks Seagul :)

I believe Croydon center will be open then too because I got an appointment there for 1st of April. I don't know what kind of self distancing effort they will be doing over there. Fingers crossed :|

Stay safe, stay at home

NIKKI15810
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by NIKKI15810 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:46 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry I'll butt out of the conversation - I just thought it would be easier to comment on a thread that had similar content.

Kakaman

Post by Kakaman » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:44 pm

Hi Guys,

A recent update got an email from UKVCAS that all the appointments have been cancelled and they will reschedule it in 6 weeks.

I think I know the answer already but just confirming. If I am submitting the documents in May and I applied for the visa in March my documents should be updated till March when I applied? Rather than getting new ones for April and May
Like payslips and statements

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:28 pm

Kakaman wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:44 pm
Hi Guys,

A recent update got an email from UKVCAS that all the appointments have been cancelled and they will reschedule it in 6 weeks.

I think I know the answer already but just confirming. If I am submitting the documents in May and I applied for the visa in March my documents should be updated till March when I applied? Rather than getting new ones for April and May
Like payslips and statements
In normal operational days the documents dated until the date of application instead date of appointment matters but still as a precaution carry on updating your documents every month until you submit your application. Also keep an eye on immigration news.

Kakaman

Post by Kakaman » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:44 pm

Thanks Seagul

Any good source for latest immigration update for spouse visa?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:19 pm

Kakaman wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:44 pm
Thanks Seagul

Any good source for latest immigration update for spouse visa?
https://www.gov.uk/government/latest?de ... mmigration

sadiqkhans1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by sadiqkhans1 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:21 pm

That is an interesting point kakaman, it will be interesting to know what will happen if one's personal circumstances change, such as loss of employment etc.