ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLRM cohabitation evidence (spouse visa extension in UK) questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

taffet87
Pakistan

FLRM cohabitation evidence (spouse visa extension in UK) questions

Post by taffet87 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:06 pm

Need some help please:

1. Where joint bank statements are used as proof of cohabitation - do they need to have many transactions in them. My salary etc comes in my personal account (which we will use as evidence for the financial requirement) which is separate. The joint account just has a balance and little to no transactions but we do get a bank statement every month.

2. Our water utility bill is in both of our names but the way Thames Water works in London is that in the "addressee" of the letter it only lists my name and then on the top right of the bills it says "Other account Holder" and names my wife there. Thames Water say that they don't name two people above the address on top left and that their bills can be used as proof of address for normal purposes in the UK for both account holders as the other account holder is listed on top right of page. Are these fine to use or do I need to ignore these and look for a simpler source (as UKVI staff may get confused?)?

3. Do mobile bills or credit card statements qualify as evidence?

taffet87
Pakistan

Re: FLRM cohabitation evidence (spouse visa extension in UK) questions

Post by taffet87 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:16 pm

4. Does driving licence classify as proof of cohabitation? Assume if it does then its only the start date of licence that counts

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:02 am

For proof of accommodation you only need a selection of documents in either joint names or addressed individually to each of you at the same address.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:09 am

Thanks.. will your or any other senior board members please confirm if the below will meet the documentation requirements for cohabitation?

20-Mar-18 Council tax bill in both our names
Aug-18 Joint bank statement from NatWest in both our names
20-Mar-19 Council tax bill in both our names
Jul-19 Joint bank statement from NatWest in both our names
Nov-19 Joint bank statement from M&S in both our names
Feb-19 Joint bank statement from M&S in both our names

The above is from 3 different sources and a total of 6 documents.

Not sure if the spread is ideal?

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:42 am

PS: in case useful: thinking of applying mid-February 2020. Wife entered the UK on 31 July so it will be more than 30 months since that (her visa expires mid-April 2020).

askhans786
United Kingdom

Post by askhans786 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:34 am

Hi,

I think your evidence is sufficient but If I was you, I would put extra correspondence if possible just to be on safer side.

Six items of correspondence addressed to you and your partner at the same address as evidence that you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together up to a maximum of two years. See Note 11.

Note 11 The items of correspondence should be addressed to you jointly or in both your names. Examples of acceptable items are listed below. The documents provided must be originals. Photocopies are not acceptable. The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole period you are relying on. They should be from at least 3 different sources. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you. For example - Four items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and two items addressed to each partner at the address. In total eight items would need to be submitted. If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names, you will need to submit twelve items (six each) of correspondence, evidencing that you reside together at the same address. If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the period you are relying on, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this. If you did not live together for any part of the period you are relying on, tell us the reasons for this and whether you stayed in contact with each other during this time, and provide any relevant supporting evidence. Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide six items; if the items are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the period you are relying on.

Examples of acceptable items of correspondence

• Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing.
• Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
• Bank statements/letters
• Building society savings books/letters
• Council tax bills or statements
• Electricity and/or gas bills or statements
• Water rates bills or statement
• Mortgage statements/agreement
• Tenancy agreement(s)
• Telephone bills or statements

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:48 am

Thank you. I will add a few more letters individually to both of us.

Can I please confirm what counts as the "application date". If I make the IHS payment today but don't pay the application fee payment until later, just want to confirm that the application fee payment day is the date of application (even if IHS has been paid before and application form online itself is locked)?

Also, if people have any idea - what is the availability of free appointments - can you get it usually 2/3 weeks out for a working day?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:08 pm

taffet87 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:48 am
Thank you. I will add a few more letters individually to both of us.

Can I please confirm what counts as the "application date". If I make the IHS payment today but don't pay the application fee payment until later, just want to confirm that the application fee payment day is the date of application (even if IHS has been paid before and application form online itself is locked)?

Also, if people have any idea - what is the availability of free appointments - can you get it usually 2/3 weeks out for a working day?
Application date would be when you will successfully submit the application which usually happens when application fee & IHS fee are fully paid. Better either to both pay together or don't pay if you are not ready to proceed. Also before paying you cannot check the appointments availability.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:36 pm

Thank you very much.

One final question please, I was paid my last salary on 27 December 2019 and payslip is from the same date.

If I pay the fees tomorrow i.e. 24 January 2020, will this be within the 28 days or do I have to pay today so that application date is 23 January 2020 to be within the 28 days rule?

I want to know what is the last day my application can be if my last payslip is from 27 December 2019 (as otherwise, I will have to wait for Jan salary and bank statement).

Regards,

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:08 pm

taffet87 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:36 pm

I want to know what is the last day my application can be if my last payslip is from 27 December 2019 (as otherwise, I will have to wait for Jan salary and bank statement).

Regards,
https://www.timeanddate.com/date/datead ... ad=28&rec=

24th January but better to wait Jan payslip & bank statement if you can to avoid any error/mistake of miscalculation by caseworker.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:36 pm

Thank you, I actually applied today so its 23 Jan to avoid any confusion for caseworker.

I managed to get a free appointment for 20 February which is fine as my wife's visa isn't expiring until 11 April in any case.

Just wanted to check if there is any benefit of using the Document Scanning Service and paying for it? I am confident in doing it myself so will probably do that.

If on the day of the appointment, the agents there find that for e.g. one document isn't of the right quality (or whatever reason) and they have to scan it - will they then charge the full £49.99 fee for the document scanning service to upload that document?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:52 pm

taffet87 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:36 pm

Just wanted to check if there is any benefit of using the Document Scanning Service and paying for it? I am confident in doing it myself so will probably do that.
See a recent experience:

immigration-for-family-members/vfs-cann ... 96195.html

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:54 pm

Uploading seems to very easy and straight forward youself..

Quick question - for passports of my wife (applicant) and mine - do we really need to scan each and every page even if blank? Can someone point to any official guidance in addition to any personal or seen experiences?

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:28 pm

bump - anyone?

askhans786
United Kingdom

Post by askhans786 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:32 pm

No just the fron page of passport required for yourself and your wife.

I just applied FLRM on 12 Feb and spoke to the rep on visit they mentioned first page was enough and we didnt submit whole pages to show our travel in and out as this was not necessary.

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:04 pm

Thank you. Can some of the experienced members please review the documents I have uploaded (list below in categories) for my wife's application. Biometric appointment on 20 February 2020, application date 23 January 2019

Wife entry date to UK 30 July 2017
Wife BRP expiry date 13 April 2020

Will be great to know if I am missing something please as soon as possible. I have already uploaded all these using the UKVCAS website.

MANDATORY DOCUMENTS

PROOF OF IDENTITY / TRAVEL
Applicant BRP
Husband's passport - bio page only

PROOF OF APPLICATION
Applicant's passport - bio page only
Declaration required by spouse

OPTIONAL DOCUMENTS

OTHER
Consent form from the applicant
Consent for from husband

FINANCES
Husband's bank statements from 1 July 2019 to 21 January 2020

RESIDENCE IN THE UK

36 Tarling Road Property brochure - accommodation where both live and is owned by husband
ATOM BANK MORTGAGE STATEMENT - MAY 2019 in Husband's name
Land registry confirmation of ownership of the house by husband - March 2017
NATWEST BANK Joint bank statement - July 2019
NATWEST BANK Joint bank statement - August 2018
NATWEST BANK Joint bank statement - November 2018
NATWEST BANK Joint bank statement - May 2018
NATWEST BANK Joint bank statement - August 2019
Santander BANK husband bank statement - 2 Feb 2018
AQUA Credit Card statement wife - October 2018
Council Letter to husband - 11 September 2019
Council Letter to wife - 11 September 2019
One Select Joint Names Electricity and Gas Utility bill - September 2018
AQUA Credit Card statement wife - August 2019
THREE MOBILE BILL wife - April 2019
HSBC BANK husband bank statement - April 2019
NATWEST BANK wife bank statement - January 2019
Thames Water Joint Water Utility bill - April 2019 (Wife name on the right of the page as the additional account holder)
Thames Water Joint Water Utility bill - February 2019 (Wife name on the right of the page as the additional account holder)
THREE MOBILE BILL wife - June 2019
Marks and Spencer BANK Joint bank statement - 21 January 2020
Marks and Spencer BANK Joint bank statement - 21 December 2019
Marks and Spencer BANK Joint bank statement - 21 November 2019
Council tax bill Joint names - March 2018
Council tax bill Joint names - March 2019
Letter to wife from GP - December 2018

MEDICAL
n/a

LIFE EVENTS

Marriage certificate used in the original application as well

SPONSORS/EMPLOYMENT

Husband's employer letter
Husband's P60 for last year
Husband's payslips for July to December 2019

EDUCATION
IELTS FOR UKVI ACADEMIC used in last application
NARIC statement of comparability
NARIC English level assessment
Degree certificate from Pakistan
Letter from university confirming medium of instruction as English

PROOF OF BUSINESS
n/a

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:20 pm

taffet87 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:04 pm

SPONSORS/EMPLOYMENT

Dont attach P60. Add more payslips because your latest payslip dated in December 2019 would be heavily older than 28 days. Also attach the corresponding bank statements of similar period.
taffet87 wrote:
EDUCATION
You either need english test or Naric comparability report & English proficiency letter instead both.

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:33 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:20 pm
taffet87 wrote:

SPONSORS/EMPLOYMENT

Dont attach P60. Add more payslips because your latest payslip dated in December 2019 would be heavily older than 28 days. Also attach the corresponding bank statements of similar period.
taffet87 wrote:
EDUCATION
You either need english test or Naric comparability report & English proficiency letter instead both.

Thank you very much.

The last pay slip is from 27 December 2019. My application date is 23 January 2020 so it’s within the 28 days rule. Bank statements cover the entire payslip period too and are already in the Finances section. Do I need to move the bank statements to this section. I can upload them twice?

I can also attach the Jan payslip and probably bank statements but do I really need to as it will be dated after the application date. Will be good to get your view. Isn’t it going to be confusing.

English. Yes I know supplying both as that’s what I did in the original application. Agree that it’s overkill.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:01 am

taffet87 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:33 pm

The last pay slip is from 27 December 2019. My application date is 23 January 2020 so it’s within the 28 days rule. Bank statements cover the entire payslip period too and are already in the Finances section.
Then its fine
taffet87 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:33 pm
I can also attach the Jan payslip and probably bank statements but do I really need to as it will be dated after the application date.
These won't be considered.

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:19 pm

Thank you.

Last two questions. So my wife is the applicant and our appointment is at the Croydon core service centre (free appointment at 10am).

1. Can I go the appointment with my wife and will I be allowed inside?
2. Can we go there early for eg. get there by 9am to try and see if they let us early - has anyone done this before?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:44 am

1. Yes.

2. They won't let you in early as far as I understand.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:21 am

Thank you.

I can confirm I was able to go in and also that they didn’t really say anything about time so I was able to get in at 9am rather than my free appointment time at 10am.

It was really busy then though as I guess a lot of people booked early morning paid appointments and It took almost a full hour from 9am to get out.

On leaving it was half empty though so assume it was It will be much quicker for people coming after 10.

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:52 pm

Thanks for all the help - all good and visa approved.

Application Type : FLR(M) Extension
Application Submitted online on: 23 Jan 2020
Postal or In-Person Application: Online (Standard)
Biometrics Enrolled: 20 Feb 2020 In Croydon (free, there were many paid ones available but went with free option)
Method: Self Scanned & Uploaded on UKVCAS.COM (didn't pay for any extra service)
Acknowledgement Received: No
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): No
Decision Email: N/A
Decision Letter Received on: 9 March 2020 (dated 6 March 2020)
BRP Card Received on: 12 March 2020
Decision: Granted

Original visa was expiring on 13 April 2020 and the new BRP card expires on 4 October 2020 so looks like they have added 28 days to the 30 months normally given as there was unexpired time on the old visa.

Entry was on 30 July 2017 so hopefully can apply for ILR from the start of July 2022.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:27 pm

taffet87 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:52 pm
and the new BRP card expires on 4 October 2020
4 October 2022?
Entry was on 30 July 2017 so hopefully can apply for ILR from the start of July 2022.
You may. No earlier than 28 days to 30 July 2022.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:25 pm

yes 2022..

yes 28 days before to be precise! thanks