ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent to ILR - Cohabitation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mm2017
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Dependent to ILR - Cohabitation

Post by mm2017 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:28 pm

Hello all,

I got my ILR in Nov 2018 and now my wife is planning to apply for the same.
Here's our background:
I arrived in UK in Sept 2013 on 3 years Tier 2 general visa. My wife joined me on Tier 2 spouse visa a in June 2014. Both of us extended our visas in Sept 2016 for another 3 years. So now my wife is eligible to apply for ILR.

The gov(.)uk website directed us to fill the online SET(O) form for my wife. After filling the form it created the following list of documents to provide with the application:

Mandatory documents
The passport issued by India for my wife

Other documents
Her Life in the UK Test pass notification
The language test certificate to prove the level of English language required
Evidence of wifes immigration status in the UK
Declaration signed by wife to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks
Current Biometric Residence Permit
All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK

I have following questions about the other documents:
1. Form doesn't say anything about evidence of cohabitation. But we're going to provide it. But I am confused about evidence of how many years should we provide. Is it fine if we show the evidence since our last visa extension (i.e. Sept 2016)? Or should it be since she first arrived in the UK?
2. I don't understand what this means -> "Evidence of wifes immigration status in the UK". Is it the letter that arrived with the BRP when she got the visa extended last time?
3. For finances, we are going to provide statments from both of our individual bank accounts. But again, confused about the duration for which we have to provide the statements.

I would really appreciate if you could give us a feedback on these questions. I don't know why the gov(.)uk doesn't provide with straight forward information!

Thank you
Best regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 Dependent to ILR - Cohabitation

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:23 pm

1. Form doesn't say anything about evidence of cohabitation. But we're going to provide it. But I am confused about evidence of how many years should we provide. Is it fine if we show the evidence since our last visa extension (i.e. Sept 2016)? Or should it be since she first arrived in the UK?
The last two years is enough
2. I don't understand what this means -> "Evidence of wifes immigration status in the UK". Is it the letter that arrived with the BRP when she got the visa extended last time?
Her BRP
3. For finances, we are going to provide statments from both of our individual bank accounts. But again, confused about the duration for which we have to provide the statements.
Payslips from the last 3 months is enough. ILR has no financial requirement for PBS dependants
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mm2017
Newly Registered
India

Post by mm2017 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:14 am

Thank you Zimba, we are finally prepared for the appointment in a couple of days time. We have uploaded the following documents. Can you please check if this should be sufficient for my wife's Tier2 Dependant to ILR application?

My Documents
1. Passport (1 Current + 1 Old)
2. BRP (ILR)
3. Bank Statments (3 months)
4. Payslips (3 months)

Wife's Documents
5. Passport (1 Current + 1 Old)
6. Life in the UK Test pass notification
7. The language test certificate to prove the level of English language required
8. BRP (Tier 2 dependant)
9. Declaration signed to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks (part 1, part 2 and part 3)

Cohabitation
10. Marriage certificate
11. Council tax (3 years) - Name of both of us present
12. Rental agreement (3 years) - Name of both of us present
13. Severn Trent water bill (3 years) - Name of both of us present

Thank you again!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:47 pm

It looks good to me
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mm2017
Newly Registered
India

Post by mm2017 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:50 pm

Thank you Zimba.

For anyone who's curious about our story:
My wife had her appointment on Monday 5th August 10:00 am. The document verification had already started. As all the documents were already uploaded, they only checked her Passport and Tier 2 BRP. Then took the biometrics. It was all done in 10 min.
We received a ILR approval letter via courier the next day i.e. Tuesday 6th August by 11:00 am. Expected to receive the BRP in a weeks time!

All the best to whoever is browsing through this forum!

Khodal
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Khodal » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:48 pm

Which centre your wife gave bio metric?

seshukolusu
Newly Registered

Post by seshukolusu » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:59 pm

mm2017 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:14 am
Thank you Zimba, we are finally prepared for the appointment in a couple of days time. We have uploaded the following documents. Can you please check if this should be sufficient for my wife's Tier2 Dependant to ILR application?

My Documents
1. Passport (1 Current + 1 Old)
2. BRP (ILR)
3. Bank Statments (3 months)
4. Payslips (3 months)

Wife's Documents
5. Passport (1 Current + 1 Old)
6. Life in the UK Test pass notification
7. The language test certificate to prove the level of English language required
8. BRP (Tier 2 dependant)
9. Declaration signed to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks (part 1, part 2 and part 3)

Cohabitation
10. Marriage certificate
11. Council tax (3 years) - Name of both of us present
12. Rental agreement (3 years) - Name of both of us present
13. Severn Trent water bill (3 years) - Name of both of us present

Thank you again!

Hi, I am applying for tier 2 Dependent ILR for me and for my child . Do my husband need to sign the part 3. Fiancial support does it mean tier 2 main applicant. we are not taking any another finance from other people. could you please give me reply. I have an appointment today.

Thanks.