ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Worth varying ILR application?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spikky

Tier1 Ent £50k to ILR - Documents

Post by spikky » Thu May 30, 2019 8:09 pm

Hello,

I have read the 03/2019 Tier1 Ent to ILR Guidance Notes over and over again but just want to make sure I've not misinterpreted anything.

I'll be applying for ILR from Tier 1 Ent £50k to ILR next March.

Evidence needed to show

1. 2 Full time jobs 30 hours a week 120 hours a month that have existed for 12 months since grant of extension even if the jobs were not continuous 12 months

Documents - Payslips, FPS for 24 months

2. Maintenance Funds for 90 days
Documents - Bank statements for 90 days showing minimum balance £945

Because investment of £50k was already shown during extension of Tier1E, nothing to be showed for ILR, yes?

Also, if I apply for ILR one month before current leave expires can I take into consideration an employee's hours 1 month before last grant of Tier1 extension?

Thanks for confirmation and guidance.
Spikky

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Tier1 Ent £50k to ILR - Documents

Post by CULLINAN » Thu May 30, 2019 8:32 pm

1) 30 hours/week for 52 weeks each job after extension.

2) Maintenance funds are not needed for ILR.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-1-ent-a ... 81140.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

spikky

Tier1 Ent £50k to ILR - Verifying steps to ILR application

Post by spikky » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:58 pm

Hi all,

My ILR application (Tier1 Ent £50k 5 year route) is due in a month. I've read the sticky post but just want to verify the steps as somethings are not clear.

1. Fill application online and submit payment (This is considered as the date of submission)
2. Create an account at UKVCAS to upload supporting documents and seek biometrics appointment.

My question is, do we need to scan our passport and BRP and submit to the UKVCAS site or do we have to send these by post and if so to which address?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but will appreciate the advice.

spikky.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:24 am

NO document is sent to UKVI. Nothing
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

spikky

Post by spikky » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:59 pm

Thanks Zimba. I've now started to fill in the Set (O) online for ILR and I just had a quick question on filling up absences. It asks

Since you first entered the UK, have you had any absences from the UK? (Required)
This includes any absences however short.

I entered UK in 2010, I reckon I have to list all absences since then?
Also, if I visited country A 3 times over a period of 5 years should I list the same country 3 times with date of leaving and entering UK for each of the 3 visits ? Just confirming.

THANKS.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:40 am

Set o is only related to the absence in the 5 years, not since you arrived many years ago.

You have to list each absence, even if the same place was visited at different times!! They are separate absence periods!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

spikky

Post by spikky » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:04 pm

Thanks CR001. However this question is what confused me.

When did you first enter the UK? (Required)
This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started.

First date of entry was in 2010.
First date of T1E category and the 5 year completion upon which I am basing my application was in 2014. So I take 2014 date when my T1E was first granted as the date I first entered UK?

Many thanks.

spikky

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:09 pm

spikky wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:04 pm
Thanks CR001. However this question is what confused me.

When did you first enter the UK? (Required)
This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started.

First date of entry was in 2010.
First date of T1E category and the 5 year completion upon which I am basing my application was in 2014. So I take 2014 date when my T1E was first granted as the date I first entered UK?

Many thanks.

spikky
Yes, you take 2014
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

spikky

Post by spikky » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:30 pm

Ok thanks. Just last few checks.
    Evidence of <my name's> immigration status in the UK - This would be 2 BRPs, the most current and previous BRP covering 5 year period, yes?
      All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK - If the current passport covers the 5 year period showing travel, should we still upload previous passport which has 2 visits to UK 10 years ago?

Again many thanks for all the help. Just want to be sure before submitting.

Regards,
      spikky

marcnath
      United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:27 pm

spikky wrote:
      Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:30 pm
      Ok thanks. Just last few checks.
        Evidence of <my name's> immigration status in the UK - This would be 2 BRPs, the most current and previous BRP covering 5 year period, yes?
          All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK - If the current passport covers the 5 year period showing travel, should we still upload previous passport which has 2 visits to UK 10 years ago?

Again many thanks for all the help. Just want to be sure before submitting.

Regards,
          spikky
          For immigration status - latest one is ok. How do you still have the old one ?
          I'd suggest you send the old ones too - that is what the requirement states. Though I don't think that is going to be the reason for a refusal
          My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

spikky

Post by spikky » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:01 pm

No I don't have any old BRP in my possession. Just a scanned copy.
          Old passport is expired but it has one visit in 2007 to UK on tourist visa and one in 2010 student visa when I first entered UK. The new passport covers the 5 year period under Tier1 E under which I am applying for ILR.

spikky

Worth varying ILR application?

Post by spikky » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:44 pm

Hi All,

I've submitted my ILR application online 3rd week of March 2020 after completing T1E route and my biometrics is scheduled for next week.

I note that I complete 10 years in September having arrived on a student visa in September 2010.

There was no priority service, only standard service available for T1 E switching to ILR.

So in case I don't get a decision on my current application past the 6 month processing time , is there any merit in varying my ILR application to long residence? I presume with this Covid-19 delays, varying the application will further add to delays and I'm inclined to stick to my current appication.

But just in case, want to educate myself for long leave residence application.
          Are there any specific requirements for LR?

Thanks.

Spikky

zimba
          Mood:
          United Kingdom

Re: Worth varying ILR application?

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:47 pm

I suggest to avoid it. Priority service may not be available until October. You should hear before September
          Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice