ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application BRP query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Haider
Mood:
Bangladesh

Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement

Post by Haider » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:58 pm

dear moderator,

I have got my ILR on dec, 2013, I took and used a PTE academic (from pearson, well above B1 level) for that process. I am applying for Naturalisation (form an) now, do I need a B1 level test now? Clarification will be much appreciated. thanks. Haider

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:02 pm

Haider wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:58 pm
dear moderator,

I have got my ILR on dec, 2013, I took and used a PTE academic (from pearson, well above B1 level) for that process. I am applying for Naturalisation (form an) now, do I need a B1 level test now? Clarification will be much appreciated. thanks. Haider
People who applied for settlement on or after 28 October 2013 needed to have had a B1 level qualification. They are therefore exempt
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Haider
Mood:
Bangladesh

Re: Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement

Post by Haider » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:20 am

Thanks very much for the suggestion. Haider

Haider
Mood:
Bangladesh

Online application steps and a few queries

Post by Haider » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:57 am

Hi Everyone, for applying online, it looks like,
1. fill and submit form an
2. upload docs (as say in doc checklist at the end) to UKVCAS
3. book appointment in UKVCAS to physically show originals and submit referee + existing BRP
questions are, a) at which point fingerprints to be done at the post office? will it send by email?
b) booking appointment to UKVCAS will cost min of £110, as all free slots are not available within few months range, or is it be sent to us after a few weeks?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Online application steps and a few queries

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:11 am

1. Topics merged!!

2. Do not post in the general discussion topic and attempt to change the topic title.

Biometrics are enrolled at ukcvas appointment, not at the post office!

You need to book an appointment for identity check and biometrics. Nothing is "sent" to you. If there are no free slots, you will have to pay for one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Haider
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Haider » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:22 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:11 am
1. Topics merged!!

2. Do not post in the general discussion topic and attempt to change the topic title.

Biometrics are enrolled at ukcvas appointment, not at the post office!

You need to book an appointment for identity check and biometrics. Nothing is "sent" to you. If there are no free slots, you will have to pay for one.
thanks and point noted. Paid and booked my UKVCAS appointment, uploaded documents except, signed forms by the refree. Since, the referees info already submitted in the online AN apllication, the signed form with my picture are for UKVCAS to verifify or keep to send to HO. Does this also needs to be scanned and uploaded? thanks again.

bhai86
Pakistan

Post by bhai86 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:49 am

thanks and point noted. Paid and booked my UKVCAS appointment, uploaded documents except, signed forms by the refree. Since, the referees info already submitted in the online AN apllication, the signed form with my picture are for UKVCAS to verifify or keep to send to HO. Does this also needs to be scanned and uploaded? thanks again.
Yes, you have to upload them. You will see them also in the Checklist.

Haider
Mood:
Bangladesh

Naturalisation application BRP query

Post by Haider » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:42 pm

Dear Moderator(s): I have just received an email confirmation that my application for naturalisation is successful and advised to wait for invitation for citizenship ceremony. I like to know, when do I have to return my existing valid BRP? Can travel outside UK before attending the ceremony with the existing valid BRP? Thanks. Haider

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation application BRP query

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:46 pm

Do NOT tag onto other members topics!!!

You are free to travel. Brp is only returned after your ceremony. You are only British once ceremony has been attended and not from approval date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Haider
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Haider » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:46 pm
Do NOT tag onto other members topics!!!

You are free to travel. Brp is only returned after your ceremony. You are only British once ceremony has been attended and not from approval date.
Many thanks CR001. I do not know how to post a new mail on a topic hence use post a reply on relevant post or topic and unwitting 'tag onto other members topics'. Please, if you can tell me how? at the same time, is there a timeline to do the citizenship ceremony from the date of approval or receiving invitation from Home Office. Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:28 pm

Yes there is a time limit. Usually 90 days but this has been extended to 6 months due to COVID.
Char (CR001 not Casa)