ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR FOR DEPENDENT BASED ON 5 YEARS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BK14
United Kingdom

ILR FOR DEPENDENT BASED ON 5 YEARS

Post by BK14 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:18 am

Dear All,

My wife switched her visa back in May 2015 from Student to Tier 1 Entrepreneur dependant and I recently got my ILR based on 10 years lawful long residence although my Tier 1 Extension was about to expire in August 2020.

Can she apply for ILR after completing 5 years, although I switched to ILR just before my extension expired? She has also passed her LIFE IN THE UK test recently but not sure if she has to go for an English test again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR FOR DEPENDENT BASED ON 5 YEARS

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:38 am

Can she apply for ILR after completing 5 years, although I switched to ILR just before my extension expired?

No she cannot. She is not eligible to apply for ilr based on PBS dependent visa because you didn't get ilr based on PBS route but via long residence route. She has to switch to FLR m and meet all the requirements, including the A1 minimum English test and the £18,600pa financial requirements. She will be on a new 5 year route to ilr, 2 X 2.5 years visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:44 am

Keep in mind that ILR generally requires either five years of the same visa or 10 years on different visas.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

BK14
United Kingdom

Post by BK14 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:04 am

Hello,

Please can anyone confirm if my wife is applying for FLR (M) is there the same day service we can acquire or in FLR (FP), not sure how long a postal application/online application will take.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:59 am

BK14 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:04 am
Hello,

Please can anyone confirm if my wife is applying for FLR (M) is there the same day service we can acquire or in FLR (FP), not sure how long a postal application/online application will take.
It is FLR M if you meet the English and financial requirements.

It is FLR FP 10 year partner route if you do NOT meet the English and financial requirements.

There are no postal applications. Everything is online and supporting evidence is uploaded online.

There is no super priority service at the moment. It is suspended due to the backlog.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.