ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which is the rights application.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bpatmens
England

Which is the rights application.

Post by bpatmens » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:47 pm

Hello good people, I am asking this question on behalf of my brother in-law. He came to UK as a spouse of British citizen 2 and half years ago. Now his 2 and half years expires in April, 2020. He is now confused as he does not know which category to renew his stay. Is it SET(M) or FLR? He is married to a British citizen.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Which is the rights application.

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:14 pm

He needs 5 years in spouse visa, 2 X 2.5 year visas, before he can apply for ilr on SET M.

He must extend his visa on form FLR M and meet the English A2 minimum requirement and financial requirements as well as 2 years evidence of cohabitation in both their names. He must apply online before his visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bpatmens
England

Re: Which is the rights application.

Post by bpatmens » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:30 pm

Thanks so much CR001. You are always on hand to help people. I know and hope God gives you unending joy for your selfless dedications to the needy.