ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from INIS regarding Long Term Residency Status

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

moneyminded
Newly Registered

Letter from INIS regarding Long Term Residency Status

Post by moneyminded » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:27 pm

Hi All,

Finally received a letter from INIS asking for PCC (I have Applied on 27 NOV 2006) to Grant Long term Residency status. In that letter, Along with PCC they have asked me "to state whether i been convicted for criminal offence in the state or in any other country prior to comming Ireland" , Now, My question is, Should I get a proof for that from Local Garda or just send them a letter stating that that I am clean.

Cheers

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Re: Letter from INIS regarding Long Term Residency Status

Post by mktsoi » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:32 pm

moneyminded wrote:Hi All,

Finally received a letter from INIS asking for PCC (I have Applied on 27 NOV 2006) to Grant Long term Residency status. In that letter, Along with PCC they have asked me "to state whether i been convicted for criminal offence in the state or in any other country prior to comming Ireland" , Now, My question is, Should I get a proof for that from Local Garda or just send them a letter stating that that I am clean.

Cheers
they are asking for the PCC of the countries you lived in before you came to live in ireland and not the PCC of ireland. they are part of the garda, you think they have trouble to look you up?

mendo

Post by mendo » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:37 pm

Did they ask you anything else?

Normally it is the PCC and a declaration that you don't have criminal record in Ireland and any other country you've resided.

Regards,

Mendo
________
JEEP PATRIOT SPECIFICATIONS
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

room1102

Post by room1102 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:28 am

mendo wrote:Did they ask you anything else?

Normally it is the PCC and a declaration that you don't have criminal record in Ireland and any other country you've resided.

Regards,

Mendo
Hi Mendo

What is the declaration about??? Do I need to get it done from a solicitor??? Yes, I recevied a letter from INIS as well and asked for Police Cert and indicate wheather I have been convicted of criminal offence in Ireland or somewhere else.

I can get the police certs for the countries i lived in before i came to Ireland, but how should i respond to indicate wheather I have criminal offence in Ireland or other states?

The police certs I am going to send them from other countries saying I have no criminal offence prior I came to Ireland. Do I need to get an Irish Police Cert as well.

Maria, I know you received you LTR already. Did you have to get an Irish Police Cert yourself??? or submit anything that to indicate you have no criminal offence like they mentioned in my letter?????

Thx
room1102

mendo

Post by mendo » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:52 pm

The declaration should be your cover letter, where you can declare that you don't have a criminal record in any countries you've been resident.
No need for any solicitor to be involved or Irish criminal record info.

Regards,

Mendo
________
Free Gamestop Gift Card

room1102

Post by room1102 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:10 am

mendo wrote:The declaration should be your cover letter, where you can declare that you don't have a criminal record in any countries you've been resident.
No need for any solicitor to be involved or Irish criminal record info.

Regards,

Mendo
Hi Mendo

but what about the Irish Police Cert? Do I need to obtain one or the INIS will do the checks for me????

thx
room1102

mendo

Post by mendo » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:25 am

I haven't heard anybody that had to produce the Irish Police Cert, I suppose they are doing some checks, but you don't have to produce it yourself.
________
Chrysler Pl Platform Specifications

mendo

Post by mendo » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:26 am

Finally my wife got her letter, it took them 20 months.

Now she has to get her PCC.

Mendo
________
Mesothelioma advice