ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR dependent query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vishali2010

Help please. Single justice procedure notice - ILR application

Post by vishali2010 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:38 pm

Hi all,

I am due to apply my ILR this year on 10 Year route. I have no convictions or any cases so far.

This year in January, police caught me on Motorway for driving without headlights on, it was a genuine mistake and I accepted that I forgot to turn on my lights. The officer charged me with not driving with due care and attention, he also charged me with an offence for sticking phone to the windscreen using satnav, he said the position of the phone is obsturcting my view and thats another offence.

Last week I received single justice procedure notice from metropoliton police with these 2 charges and gave me an option to plea guilty or not guily by Post/online/or attend to court. Iam thining of doing it by post or online. I spoke to few traffic offence solicitors and they were surprised that the officer had taken it so serious as he could have given me a warning or a fixed penalty notice.

Now, If I plea guilty and send the post to court, the megistrate would impose points and fine.
I am worried, if this will affect my ILR application. The Notice said its a minor offence and it wont be on national records. But as the court megistrate is deciding on my case, I am worried.
Am I eligible to apply for ILR or is it automatic refusal.

It would be great if some seniors or people who faced similar situation can advice me on this.

Sorry for the lenghty message, but10 year of hardwork, never violated any rule. small mistake, where I forgot to turn on my car lights and now Iam so worried this small mistake will cost me my last 10years of hardwork :(

Please help. Thank you in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Help please. Single justice procedure notice - ILR application

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:53 pm

Not all court convictions are recordable. Even if your case end up in court, that does NOT necessarily mean you get a recordable offence. ILR is only affected by recordable offences, meaning the ones that appear on your criminal record. A recordable offence is an offence where under the law you could get a prison sentence for committing it (e.g drink driving).

Careless Driving on its own does not seem to be a recordable offence as there is no prison sentence
https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/of ... ised-2017/
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vishali2010

Post by vishali2010 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:59 pm

Thank You Zimba for a quick response.

So, the minor traffic offences even though they are punished by courts and not recorded on criminal records wont affect ILR applications.

What did you feel after reading my incident, can I go ahead with my applicaion

Regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:12 pm

vishali2010 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:59 pm
Thank You Zimba for a quick response.

So, the minor traffic offences even though they are punished by courts and not recorded on criminal records wont affect ILR applications.

What did you feel after reading my incident, can I go ahead with my applicaion

Regards
It should have no effect. Wait for the court verdict and then apply.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vishali2010

Post by vishali2010 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:39 am

Thanks alot Zimba. I will go ahead with my application and will update here.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:06 pm

vishali2010 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:39 am
Your application can be held until the verdict is known

vishali2010

Post by vishali2010 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:08 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:06 pm
vishali2010 wrote:
Your application can be held until the verdict is known
Dear Zimba,

Thank you for the responses. Really appreciate

My ILR application is due this year in october, but my Single Justice procedure notice should be send by next week. I spoke to some traffic offence solicitors and they suggested not to plea guilty and take it to court as they beleive the offences were harsh on me and I have good chance to reduce severity of the punishment.

Please advice if its ok to take it to court and fight against the minor traffic offences, just worried if I loose in the court will this go against me and affect my ILR or there would be no impact.

I dont want it to affect my ILR application, I can take few extra points on my licence, I can just pleed guilty and not to go to court. But if it wont affect my application then I would really want to challenge the offences. Please advice. Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:27 pm

I suggest to plead guilty and accept the fine and points.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:26 pm

It is really a very harsh treatment perhaps partly due to your bad luck because in our routine life we must have been observing a lot of other motorists who drive with faulty headlight bulbs which even cause more distraction and affect road safety but they never been stopped.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

vishali2010

Post by vishali2010 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:49 pm

vishali2010 wrote:
Yeah, I was thinking exactly the same. I will plea guilty and accept the fine and penalty points. Its bit hard, as I have to accept both the offences, they could have given fixed penalty not endorsable offences which was bit harsh. The soicitors want me to go to court and fight as one of the offences cannot be endorsable( Phone mounted to windscreen), but I dont want any hassle, I rather take few extra points than risking going court and risk my ILR application.

I hope this wont affect my ILR applciation.

Thank you Zimba

vishali2010

Post by vishali2010 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:56 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:26 pm
It is really a very harsh treatment perhaps partly due to your bad luck because in our routine life we must have been observing a lot of other motorists who drive with faulty headlight bulbs which even cause more distraction and affect road safety but they never been stopped.
When the police stopped me, I accepted my mistake straight away. The officer even checked with DVLA if I had any points on my license, when he realised my license is clean, he could have given me a second chance. On top this, he even charged me with other offence for mounting phone to the windscreen which I thought is bit too much. I was driving absolutly fine without any distraction, but he charged me with not having full view

Sometimes things like this happens which is not in our control, but the police should take some dicritionary, especially when the driver got a clearn record. I learned a very harsh lesson and I am even more carefull now while driving.

vishali2010

ILR dependent query

Post by vishali2010 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:05 pm

Hi all,

I would apprecaite if any expert can help with couple of queries please

1. I had two motor offences this year. Court sent me fine and 3 points on my Driving licence for
careless driving (forgot to turn on my lights while driving in the night ) and driving vehicle without proper
view(I mounted my phone on windscreen). I was suggested by experts in this forum that not all
motor convictions are recordable offences and suggested to check CRB report. I checked CRB report and
ACRO report and both showed clear. So can I be confident that UKVI will not reject my ILR due to this motor
offence? My record is clean except these two minor motor offences.

2. Currently I am on Tier 2 Visa, my wife and daughter are on Tier 2 dependent visa. I am completing my
10 Years next month and want to apply ILR on long residency route. My wife and daughter Tier 2 dependent
visa is valid till March 2022. They will be completing 5 Years as Tier 2 dependents in Feb 2021, are they
eligible to apply ILR as they will be completing 5 Years as Tier 2 dependent whereas the
main applicant (Myself) apply for ILR next month on 10 Year route

I would really be thankful if the experts here can help me. Thank You!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR dependent query

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:21 pm

Topics merged.
My wife and daughter Tier 2 dependent
visa is valid till March 2022. They will be completing 5 Years as Tier 2 dependents in Feb 2021, are they
eligible to apply ILR as they will be completing 5 Years as Tier 2 dependent
They cannot apply for ilr based in 5 years as tier 2 dependents if you get ilr based on 10 years long residence. The rules don't permit this and has been the case since April 2014.

Once you have ilr, they need to switch to FLR m spouse visa and meet the English and £22,400pa financial requirements. Their 5 year ilr clock will be reset to zero and will need 2 X 2.5 year FLR M visas before they can apply for ilr.

Note that IHS fees are increasing in October this year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vishali2010

Post by vishali2010 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:24 pm

Thank You CR001.

My wife and kid came to england in 2013 as PBS dependents. If they apply now as ILR dependent, can they apply ILR on long residency in 2023 or will the clock is set to 0 when they change to ILR dependent and they need to wait 5 more years on ILR dependent to be eligible for ILR.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:11 am

vishali2010 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:24 pm
Thank You CR001.

My wife and kid came to england in 2013 as PBS dependents. If they apply now as ILR dependent, can they apply ILR on long residency in 2023 or will the clock is set to 0 when they change to ILR dependent and they need to wait 5 more years on ILR dependent to be eligible for ILR.
Long residence SET(LR) is based on 10 years of continuous lawful residence regardless of the visa types. No restrictions there.

vishali2010

Post by vishali2010 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:18 pm

Thank you Zimba :)