ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter for speeding offence and citizenship application!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Doc2020
Egypt

Letter for speeding offence and citizenship application!

Post by Doc2020 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:51 pm

Hi everyone,

I've submitted my citizenship application today. I've had a previous SP30 3 years ago that has expired. Unfortunately I received a letter few days back for speeding @ 68mph on 60mph road. I've mentioned both offences in my application and I've uploaded a copy of the completed form that I was sent for the speeding offence to UKVCAS website.

Is this likely to affect my application?!

Do I need to do anything further after attending my biometric appointment? Update HO?

Appreciate your advice and help!

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Letter for speeding offence and citizenship application!

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:47 pm

Doc2020 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:51 pm
Hi everyone,

I've submitted my citizenship application today. I've had a previous SP30 3 years ago that has expired. Unfortunately I received a letter few days back for speeding @ 68mph on 60mph road. I've mentioned both offences in my application and I've uploaded a copy of the completed form that I was sent for the speeding offence to UKVCAS website.

Do I need to do anything further after attending my biometric appointment? Update HO?

If you have already mentioned all the offences in your application then you don't need to do anything again. However, if you got the speeding ticket after you have submitted but before your appointment, then you can write a cover letter explaining that you got the ticket after you have submitted the online application and then upload it to the UKVCAS website.

The speeding ticket on its own should not affect your application.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Doc2020
Egypt

Post by Doc2020 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:53 pm

Djsuccess wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:47 pm
[quote=Doc2020 post_id=<a href="tel:1889702">1889702</a> time=<a href="tel:1584737462">1584737462</a> user_id=188992]
Hi everyone,

If you have already mentioned all the offences in your application then you don't need to do anything again. However, if you got the speeding ticket after you have submitted but before your appointment, then you can write a cover letter explaining that you got the ticket after you have submitted the online application and then upload it to the UKVCAS website.

[/quote]

Thanks a lot Djsuccess!

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:57 pm

Doc2020 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:53 pm
Djsuccess wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:47 pm
[quote=Doc2020 post_id=<a href="tel:1889702">1889702</a> time=<a href="tel:1584737462">1584737462</a> user_id=188992]
Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot Djsuccess!
[/quote]

you are welcome
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.