ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supplementary job for tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cristinepatio
United Kingdom

Supplementary job for tier 2

Post by cristinepatio » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:42 am

Hi,

Can I do bank shift on a different employer while I am in tier 2? What I understand is that as long as it is 20hrs per week and same job code which it is. But I am on annual leave in my current job, is that considered as off from my normal working hrs ? As i read that it should be off from your normal working hours where you are originally sponsored. Pls clarify? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Supplementary job for tier 2

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:49 am

You cannot do supplementary employment while on annual leave from your sponsor as annual leave is your sponsoring employers time which you get paid for.

You can only do 20 hours outside of all sponsoring employer hours and time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cristinepatio
United Kingdom

Post by cristinepatio » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:07 pm

How would they know if I work on my annual leave? Can I say for example I am on annual leave for one full week, since that I am only working 37.5hrs per week anyway so 2 days of one week can be my time off from work instead of it being my annual leave?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:18 pm

Up to you if you take the risk. Remember that all employers submit Real time information for PAYE employees, which HO check when you make any immigration application.

Supplementary employment is for any hours outside of your normal contracted hours with your sponsor, which includes your paid annual leave days you take.

If you work during your main sponsors paid time, you will be in breach of your visa conditions.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... FINAL1.pdf
Supplementary employment
226.You do not need to inform us of any supplementary employment, as long as it is:
•in either a job which is included on the Shortage Occupation List in Appendix Kof the Immigration Rules,or a job in the same profession,and at the same professional level,as the work for which your Certificate of Sponsorship was assigned; and
•no more than 20 hours per week; and
•outside of the normal working hours for which your Certificate of Sponsorship was assigned.
In addition, you must continue to work for your sponsor in the job recorded on your Certificateof Sponsorship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cristinepatio
United Kingdom

Post by cristinepatio » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:51 pm

Thank you, i wont take the risk. When applying for IlR should I declare my supplementary jobs in the application? Do I need to submit any documentations regarding my part time to prove that I dont work more than 20hrs ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:07 pm

When applying for IlR should I declare my supplementary jobs in the application?
No, it is irrelevant to the ilr process
Do I need to submit any documentations regarding my part time to prove that I dont work more than 20hrs ?
No,as above.

HO do their own checks with HMRC and check all your income and tax affairs.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cristinepatio
United Kingdom

Post by cristinepatio » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:00 pm

Is within a week means monday to sunday? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:04 pm

Usually yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cristinepatio
United Kingdom

Post by cristinepatio » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:12 pm

And one more pls, i am registered to 2 different company as part time but the other one I dont get shifts with them anymore but i did not resign , so i just left it as like that. Will that be a problem? Do i need to resign with them even if I dont get shifts with them for the last 2 yrs already? Thanks

cristinepatio
United Kingdom

Post by cristinepatio » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:58 pm

Pls reply . You want me to continue here then pls answer, j really need an answer.