ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of Ex_Partners utility Bills

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

new_man
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Evidence of Ex_Partners utility Bills

Post by new_man » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:50 pm

A wife is applying for her flr(m) extension after the first 2.5 years here.
Her husband is British citizen.
He was married previously and has a teenage daughter who lives with his ex-wife.
The husband an ex-wife are not on speaking terms.
On the new application form:

I confirm I will provide:
Evidence of where <the daughters> other parent lives - such as utility bills.

This request (to provide such evidence) has been refused by the ex-wife and further contact is ignored.

How to proceed?
Send covering letter stating this is not possible?
Other?

Many thanks.

new_man
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Re: Evidence of Ex_Partners utility Bills

Post by new_man » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:32 pm

I am assuming that as there is no reply to this question, that no-one knows the answer. I could not find a way to search this forum directly but managed to via a google search. I see it has been asked here a couple of times and many times in other forums.
Not one person has been able to answer this question with any sort of confidence, anywhwere.

My suggested resolution of just sending a cover letter (that it is not possible to get such information due to a breakdown in communications with the ex wife) will be used.
They also need to be told that this is a really stupid thing to ask of an applicant but this will not be said for fear or prejudice to the application. A letter will be sent to the local MP stating this though.

But really, it must be the stupidest thing ever asked on a visa application.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:52 pm

new_man wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:32 pm
A letter will be sent to the local MP stating this though.
In this situation what will you expect from MP either he/she ask UKVI to remove this question or MP give you immigration related advice. Until near past especially till the time of paper application that was mostly be bypassed by adding the covering letter highlighting the obstacles in getting that document but not sure whether the online form will move forward without it.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

new_man
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by new_man » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:58 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:52 pm
In this situation what will you expect from MP either he/she ask UKVI to remove this question or MP give you immigration related advice. Until near past especially till the time of paper application that was mostly be bypassed by adding the covering letter highlighting the obstacles in getting that document but not sure whether the online form will move forward without it.
MP is just to vent. I do it often when I get annoyed by their cr*p.
No, you cannot move forward on the form without accepting to send the items.

new_man
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by new_man » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:20 pm

Well, the plan was to use a cover letter and explain it is just not possible to get these documents and then to post back here with news of how that went.
But surprise, surprise, on a visit to the daughter today the situation was again explained to the ex-wife who immediately offered up the documents (council tax bill and water bill).
Not sure if it was an act of kindness or just because she did not really want anyone in the house (as she is extremely cautious about the CoronaVirus).
The documents were provided,followed immediately by a "goodbye then" and an opened front door (with a huge spray of dettol in the air).
Either way it is a result but someone else will need to update on how not providing the documents is taken.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:56 pm

new_man wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:20 pm
Well, the plan was to use a cover letter and explain it is just not possible to get these documents and then to post back here with news of how that went.
But surprise, surprise, on a visit to the daughter today the situation was again explained to the ex-wife who immediately offered up the documents (council tax bill and water bill).
Not sure if it was an act of kindness or just because she did not really want anyone in the house (as she is extremely cautious about the CoronaVirus).
The documents were provided,followed immediately by a "goodbye then" and an opened front door (with a huge spray of dettol in the air).
Either way it is a result but someone else will need to update on how not providing the documents is taken. That ball has now rolled away from your court
At least someone had a positive thing (supposedly) from this Corona Virus matter. :D