ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

4 years tier 4 + 5 years Tier 2 - absence question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bmnikhil
Newly Registered

4 years tier 4 + 5 years Tier 2 - absence question

Post by bmnikhil » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:56 am

Hi All,

I was combing through the forum for a long time and was wondering I could get answers to my questions.

I arrived in UK in Sept 2010 - 1 year Tier 4, then had additional 3 years in Tier 4.
After that I've had two Tier 2 (General) visas 2 +3 years. I'm eligible for ILR from last week - based on my first Tier 2 approval date (16 Apr 2015).

I have two questions in my ILR application:

1. For "Since you first entered the UK, have you had any absences from the UK?" - does this mean absences from Sept 2010 or from Apr 2015. I got a letter from my employers about my absences from Apr 2015. Not sure I can get a letter for 4 years I was on Tier 4 as a student at university. Probably no record of my travels with university. Just emails to my Prof back then.

2. BRP details in the application - do they just want the latest BRP details? How will they check my 5 years eligibility if my entry to UK was Sept 2010?

Great thanks

Nikhil.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 4 years tier 4 + 5 years Tier 2 - absence question

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:45 pm

1. Just the last 5 years
2. Yes. They have all your data on their systems. They do not rely on your answers on the form
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

bmnikhil
Newly Registered

Post by bmnikhil » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:17 pm

Thank you :)

bmnikhil
Newly Registered

"Furlough" and ILR application

Post by bmnikhil » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:14 am

Dear All,

These are very uncertain times. Many employers are looking at redundancies and some (like mine) are looking for furloughing employees for sometime.

I've applied for ILR online on 23rd March. My 2nd April appointment at Birmingham with Sorpa Steria is not postponed to 15th May.

Does being on temporary leave of absence (or furlough) impact my ILR application? Any ideas? What happens if the 15 May appointment is postponed further and companies cannot keep employees any further (i.e., potential loss of job).

Solidarity ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:20 pm

There are no relaxation of the ILR rules. If you lose your job or not paid the required salary, your ILR will be refused. Migrants may be given extra time to either seek new sponsor.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice