ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application timeline due to COVID

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nav1986
Newly Registered
India

Application timeline due to COVID

Post by nav1986 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:42 pm

Hey Guys,

Thinking of making a ILR premium application. Do you think there will be a delay in deciding due to current COVID19? Is this a best time to apply?

Anyone made an application in the last week or so?

Kind Regards
Nav

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Application timeline due to COVID

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:46 pm

We don't know at this stage. Best to keep an eye on UKVI announcements.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... rom-the-uk
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pm07
Newly Registered

Post by pm07 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:55 pm

I applied and had bio-metrics today. I took the standard route.

Personally I strongly advise to apply while you can. That way any delays and you will be covered by Section 3C and your application will be in the queue. It's better to get it if you can and have it, as long as you have no issues if the ILR takes longer than expected.

But please take the advice above and watch for updates on the official channels.

thecomptroller
Mood:
China

Post by thecomptroller » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:42 pm

I applied on Sunday for premium and most of the service centres had no appointments. I eventually got one in Cardiff for 2 weeks time but they cancelled that on Tuesday and told me to rebook, which I can’t do because it’s still showing as a live booking and also they’re not going to have any appointments because this lock down will go on for ages. I’m not sure what to do now as I have to have biometrics by 22 May. Wish I’d gone for the standard service now.

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:58 am

I am in a similar situation too.

My biometrics appointment in croydon for my ILR was cancelled today due to staff shortage and was told to cancel it online and rebook. I managed to get another appointment on 8/4.

I am a bit confused are visa centers still legally allowed to be open in-light of this lock down?

thecomptroller
Mood:
China

Post by thecomptroller » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:32 am

@underfire222 was yours showing as cancelled on Sopra Steria website or did you have to cancel, get your money back and rebook?

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:34 am

No I had to cancel and rebook therefore had to pay again.

It said you should get a refund in 10 working days. Which is extremely annoying and unprofessional