ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Irakli
United Kingdom

Re: British Citizenship - Naturalisation

Post by Irakli » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:22 pm

Thank you CR001 for your answer.

Apologies for back to back questions, I have one more question please:

If we don't attend our Sopra Steria appointment will I get fee and application back? So I could reapply this way without losing money?

Irakli
United Kingdom

Post by Irakli » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:35 pm

Good evening,

Would somebody know if I would get full refund if I cancel application before attending Sopra Steria (before enrolling biometrics)?

Govt link https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa states: 'You won’t get your fee refunded if you cancel an application that you made in the UK.' However this does not mention whether this is before or after biometrics.

If above is possible I would submit new application and would meet the '12 months after ILR' requirement.

Any guidance is extremely valuable and very much appreciated.

As always, many thanks

Irakli
United Kingdom

Post by Irakli » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:16 pm

Hi all,

Update: I submitted application online but due to Covid19 my appointment with Sopra Steria for documents upload has been rescheduled for at least 6 weeks.

Question: if I travel outside of the UK now will this time be counted against '90 days during last 12 months' requirement?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:37 pm

Question: if I travel outside of the UK now will this time be counted against '90 days during last 12 months' requirement?
No!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Irakli
United Kingdom

Post by Irakli » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:46 pm

Thank you. Ill buy tickets now then

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:57 pm

You should be aware that you could end up stuck outside the UK for an extended time. Many airlines have grounded their planes and many country airports and airspace have been closed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Irakli
United Kingdom

Post by Irakli » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:01 pm

Thanks CR001 for suggestion, I am thinking of that, if I am not guaranteed to come back in two weeks Ill stay here.

Theoretical question: HO will not review application until Sopra Steria officially uploads documents, right? I am wondering if HO can still review documents that I already uploaded on Sopra Steria website (although I have not yet attended appointment)?

AnotherUUID
United Kingdom

Post by AnotherUUID » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:34 pm

Irakli wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:01 pm
Theoretical question: HO will not review application until Sopra Steria officially uploads documents, right? I am wondering if HO can still review documents that I already uploaded on Sopra Steria website (although I have not yet attended appointment)?
About whether they can, I doubt one can know definitively. However, my 2 cents would be that they cannot until the application is properly passed on to them by Sopra.

Regardless, there's no point in HO wasting time by looking at incomplete applications - they already have tonnes of complete applications to deal with - so I very much doubt they would even if they could.

If, however, HO explicitly request details for a given application from Sopra, it would be reasonable to assume that they would be able to obtain the information.

Irakli
United Kingdom

Post by Irakli » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:15 pm

Thank you

Irakli
United Kingdom

Post by Irakli » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:24 pm

Today I received email confirmation from HO granting British Citizenship.

I want to thank CR001, Altherhase, everyone for your great and free advice, many thanks people for your support, your help to me and people like me is priceless. Thank you!