ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letters and Addressing

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Steve1984
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Question about dependants

Post by Steve1984 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:39 pm

Hi
On the visa application it asks "does anyone relay on you for financial support?" my wife's mother does but she is not travelling with her to the UK.
do i still put down the details relating to her mother?
i'd be sending money back to her home country for her mother, do i need to now meet the financial requirements of 1 dependant or is that for only those who live with me (i have no kids and only my wife is moving here)

thanks
Steve

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Question about dependants

Post by seagul » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:10 pm

Steve1984 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:39 pm
that for only those who live with me (i have no kids and only my wife is moving here
You will only need to meet the financial requirement for your wife.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Steve1984
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

really panicking i've made a tiny mistake

Post by Steve1984 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:06 pm

hi,
i'm panicking now that i might have just lost £3k on all this visa stuff :( i checked so carefully as well before i paid it. i can't edit my application now, but on the employer details bit i have left MY employee email address for the company i work for, not the HR persons (because the form is so stupid it doesn't explain this).

will they reject it based on one tiny minor mistake like this, i am going to attach the appendix 2 which does have the correct email on it....

thanks
Steve

Steve1984
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Coronavirus and VFS Global Lockdown

Post by Steve1984 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:12 am

Hi,
I'm at a bit of a loss for direction now on what to do since I can't seem to get hold of anyone at VFS Global. here's where i'm at:
  • submitted the visa
  • paid for it
  • gone through onto VFS Global
  • currently at the document upload phase, however i have uploaded everything except for the checklist which says it must be completed at the appointment. but to get an appointment i must proceed onto that stage - what happens to the checklist, do they upload it or can i upload it after the appointment?
  • VFS Global is in a lockdown area in Jakarta (Indonesia), my wife tells me the office is closed because its in a mall which is closed. however their website state it's still accepting biometrics and enrolment packages for canada and UK https://www.vfsglobal.com/en/individual ... ories.html so i don't know how that works
  • if i continue on to the appointment booking phase, what's going to happen? either they'll present me with available slots which i must chose from but my wife can't attend due to lockdowns (in which case her visa will be refused because she failed to attend) or they simply won't offer any and the process will go into a limbo/suspended state for a while?
  • i'm a little concerned about this thing with documents not being any older than 28 days, my payslip is the oldest document dated 29th feb but i submitted and paid for the visa on 20th march... i don't know if its effective from that date or the date of the appointment
if anyone knows the answers and can advise i'd really appreciate it, nobody seems to respond via email at VFS or pick up the phone

cheers
Steve

mss9025
United Kingdom

Re: Coronavirus and VFS Global Lockdown

Post by mss9025 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:35 am

Steve1984 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:12 am
Hi,
I'm at a bit of a loss for direction now on what to do since I can't seem to get hold of anyone at VFS Global. here's where i'm at:
  • submitted the visa
  • paid for it
  • currently at the document upload phase, however i have uploaded everything except for the checklist which says it must be completed at the appointment. but to get an appointment i must proceed onto that stage - what happens to the checklist, do they upload it or can i upload it after the appointment?
  • VFS Global is in a lockdown area in Jakarta (Indonesia), my wife tells me the office is closed because its in a mall which is closed. however their website state it's still accepting biometrics and enrolment packages for canada and UK https://www.vfsglobal.com/en/individual ... ories.html so i don't know how that works
  • if i continue on to the appointment booking phase, what's going to happen? either they'll present me with available slots which i must chose from but my wife can't attend due to lockdowns (in which case her visa will be refused because she failed to attend) or they simply won't offer any and the process will go into a limbo/suspended state for a while?
  • i'm a little concerned about this thing with documents not being any older than 28 days, my payslip is the oldest document dated 29th feb but i submitted and paid for the visa on 20th march... i don't know if its effective from that date or the date of the appointment
if anyone knows the answers and can advise i'd really appreciate it, nobody seems to respond via email at VFS or pick up the phone

cheers
Steve
Hi, the checklist will be signed and uploaded by the VFS officer at the biometrics appointment.

The 28 day rule only applies to the date you paid and submitted online. So, 20th March, which is fine.

You may be able to book an appointment, but if the offices are closed I think they reschedule it for you, although I am not 100% sure about this.

Steve1984
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Steve1984 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:47 pm

mss9025 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:35 am
Steve1984 wrote:
Hi,
  • submitted the visa
  • paid for it

cheers
Steve
Hi, the checklist will be signed and uploaded by the VFS officer at the biometrics appointment.

The 28 day rule only applies to the date you paid and submitted online. So, 20th March, which is fine.

You may be able to book an appointment, but if the offices are closed I think they reschedule it for you, although I am not 100% sure about this.
thanks for the above.
do you know what the deadline is from submitting and paying for the visa to getting to book an appointment? how long do they let you have to upload documents before booking the appointment?

thanks, steve

mss9025
United Kingdom

Post by mss9025 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:06 pm

Steve1984 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:47 pm
mss9025 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:35 am
Steve1984 wrote:
Hi,
  • submitted the visa
  • paid for it

cheers
Steve

thanks for the above.
do you know what the deadline is from submitting and paying for the visa to getting to book an appointment? how long do they let you have to upload documents before booking the appointment?

thanks, steve
I don't think there is a fixed deadline for this as it sometimes depends on how busy the corresponding VFS office is. I've seen some cases where the appointment was booked around a month later simply because there were no free slots available.

Under normal circumstances from what I've seen on this forum, booking a biometrics appointment within 10 days of online submission will usually get a response without any delays. Apparently the Home Office begins processing the application only after the biometrics have been submitted.

I have not used the self upload option personally, but I believe it allowed me to upload documents even after booking the appointment. Maybe someone else with experience could chime in on this.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:32 am

Steve1984 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:47 pm
how long do they let you have to upload documents before booking the appointment?

thanks, steve
You don't have to upload your documents prior to booking the appointment.

You usually have to upload your documents prior to attending the biometrics appointment.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:00 am

Steve1984 wrote:
Hi,
  • submitted the visa
  • paid for it
Based on TLS experience, they wont sign the checklist for you. They only accept the checklists from those who take their document to them for upload. Once you submit you can't upload anything else. Luckly i had done my own checklist of all documents uploaded and highlighted the mandatory ones on document checklist.