ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How much time should be left on leave to remain when you apply for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Galaa
United Kingdom

How much time should be left on leave to remain when you apply for ILR

Post by Galaa » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:03 pm

Hi All,

I came to the UK on the 31st of September and my wife came on the 5th of November in 2010. Our current leave to remain visa expiring middle of October. When we should apply for ILR? Would It be ok if we apply in early October? Or we should have more time left on our leave to remain visa beyond October?

Thanks in advance.

Galaa

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: How much time should be left on leave to remain when you apply for ILR

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:13 am

Galaa wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:03 pm
Hi All,

I came to the UK on the 31st of September and my wife came on the 5th of November in 2010. Our current leave to remain visa expiring middle of October. When we should apply for ILR? Would It be ok if we apply in early October? Or we should have more time left on our leave to remain visa beyond October?

Thanks in advance.

Galaa
The earliest is 28 days from completing your 10 years, counting from first entry date to the UK. You can apply anytime after that and before visa expiry
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Galaa
United Kingdom

Re: How much time should be left on leave to remain when you apply for ILR

Post by Galaa » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:13 am

Zimba wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:13 am
Galaa wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:03 pm
Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

Galaa
The earliest is 28 days from completing your 10 years, counting from first entry date to the UK. You can apply anytime after that and before visa expiry
Thanks a lot for the quick response.