ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite leave to remain application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tamo_146

Indefinite leave to remain application

Post by tamo_146 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:28 pm

I am a UK citizen; my wife is in TIRE 2 Partner General Visa.
My wife’s TIRE 2 Partner General Visa start date is 14/04/2015 but she first entered the UK on 19/07/2015.
Question -
For my wife’s ILR eligibility, will the 5 years be calculated from 14/04/2015 or 19/07/2019?
I am aware that the ILR can be applied 28 days prior to the five year eligibility period, is this still valid?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Indefinite leave to remain application

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:08 pm

tamo_146 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:28 pm
My wife’s TIRE 2 Partner General Visa start date is 14/04/2015 but she first entered the UK on 19/07/2015.
Question -
For my wife’s ILR eligibility, will the 5 years be calculated from 14/04/2015 or 19/07/2019?
I am aware that the ILR can be applied 28 days prior to the five year eligibility period, is this still valid?
First of all, STOP tagging your question on the posts of others :!:
The eligibility is calculated from visa issue date
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tamo_146

Post by tamo_146 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:49 am

Hi Zimba,

Apologies for tagging in other posts, I was not able to find the correct place to do it. Thanks for your reply.

Please note that my wife is in Point Based System TIRE 2 GENERAL dependent visa,

The Visa start date is 14/04/2015 but she first entered the UK on 19/07/2015. Are you confirming that she can apply 28 days prior to 14/04/2015?

Please note the gap between 14/04/2015 and 19/07/2015 is more than 90 days. Please suggest.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:14 pm

The PBS dependants whose visa was issued before 11 Jan 2018 do not have ANY absence limit. So the 90 days absence rule does not apply to them. Visa issue date still can be used for ILR eligibility
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tamo_146

Post by tamo_146 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:35 am

Thanks, Zimba, I have a few more questions,

• My settlement case looks straight forward, so how much time does it take (Turnaround time) for the application decision by the home office if I chose to apply PBS dependent ILR through the post? Is it ok to not go through 1-day priority service as it is quite costly?

• I will apply for PSB Dependent, I came as a dependent of my husband but I am also working now, is it ok to give details like payslips, bank statements, and P60s for both of us? Whose details should be primary? In the form what should I state where is says getting money from relatives?

• I am in PSB (TIRE 2 General dependent) should I use Set (O) or Set (M) form. My husband was on TIRE 2 general and he got ILR and then British citizen.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:26 am

My settlement case looks straight forward, so how much time does it take (Turnaround time) for the application decision by the home office if I chose to apply PBS dependent ILR through the post? Is it ok to not go through 1-day priority service as it is quite costly?
You can't apply by post. You must apply online and follow the new process. You can choose the standard service online, which usually takes 8 weeks. Nothing is posted to ho.
• I will apply for PSB Dependent, I came as a dependent of my husband but I am also working now, is it ok to give details like payslips, bank statements, and P60s for both of us? Whose details should be primary? In the form what should I state where is says getting money from relatives?
There is no income requirement for PBS dependent ILR.
• I am in PSB (TIRE 2 General dependent) should I use Set (O) or Set (M) form. My husband was on TIRE 2 general and he got ILR and then British citizen.
You can only use SET O.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tamo_146

Post by tamo_146 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:26 am
My settlement case looks straight forward, so how much time does it take (Turnaround time) for the application decision by the home office if I chose to apply PBS dependent ILR through the post? Is it ok to not go through 1-day priority service as it is quite costly?
You can't apply by post. You must apply online and follow the new process. You can choose the standard service online, which usually takes 8 weeks. Nothing is posted to ho.
Thanks a lot, this is really very helpful, please can you provide more details on the new online process? Where do I submit the original documents? Please clarify.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:02 pm

You do NOT submit originals anymore. All your supporting documents are scanned and uploaded to the ukcvas sopra steria site before your biometric appointment.

Ukcvas checks your identity against your original passport which you take with you, does your biometrics and submits everything you scanned electronically to ho.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/online-appli ... 70084.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tamo_146

Post by tamo_146 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:02 pm
You do NOT submit originals anymore. All your supporting documents are scanned and uploaded to the ukcvas sopra steria site before your biometric appointment.

Ukcvas checks your identity against your original passport which you take with you, does your biometrics and submits everything you scanned electronically to ho.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/online-appli ... 70084.html
Hi,

My question is regarding online application Submitted date vs Appointment date.

Given that I am going to fill the ILR application and submit the fees online and then have documents upload into ukcvas sopra steria and then they check the documents against the original.

Should the ILR application and fees submission happen within the eligibility date -28 days or the appointment with ukcvas happen within the eligibility date -28 days. Or should both only happen after the eligibility date?

Please suggest.

Also previously the Biometric used to happen in the post offices as per the new rules will be done by ukcvas?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:36 pm

Should the ILR application and fees submission happen within the eligibility date -28 days or the appointment with ukcvas happen within the eligibility date -28 days. Or should both only happen after the eligibility date?
Date of application is the date you submit and pay online and not your biometrics appointment. Your biometrics appointment is irrelevant and can be any time, even after your visa has expired.
Also previously the Biometric used to happen in the post offices as per the new rules will be done by ukcvas?
Yes, ukcvas does your biometrics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tamo_146

Post by tamo_146 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:37 pm

Hello Moderator,
I am planning to apply for my wife's ILR sometime next week, while I was filling the SET(O) online, there were few items for which I will need some guidance.

1) My wife got the English language test certificate (SELT - CEFR B1) so I suppose UK NARIC is not required.
This is what I have filled in for,
English language:

Do you have a degree that was taught in English? - No ("If I give yes in this then it is asking for UK NARIC as a mandatory document")

Have you passed an approved English language test? - Yes

Did the test assess your speaking and listening skills at a level equivalent to CEFR B1 or higher? - Yes
How did you get your result? - Certificate

I looked into this forum link - indefinite-leave-to-remain/already-take ... 86731.html

2) It is asking for my(me-husband) immigration status, I have selected Tire 2 (General) visa as there is no other relevant option for me. Note that I have become a British citizen now but I obtained my ILR after completing 5 years in Tire 2 General. My wife is still in Tire 2 General Partner.

a) The issue is that it then asks for my VAF number (me-husband) - For this, I have provided the VAF number that was there in my first Tyre 2 general visa stamp in my passport.

b) Then it also asks for my(me-husband) sponsor's license number?

In the online application, It reeds "You can find this information on (my name) Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) or Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) statement. If you are able to provide this number, it will help us to link your applications together. If (my name) does not have one or you do not know it, you can continue without entering a number."

ANSWER - I (me-husband) have provided my sponsor's license number.

Question - Should I provide the VAF number and sponsor's license number though I am now a British citizen and no more in Tyre 2 General? However I understand, my wife is still in Tire 2 General Partner.

3) Public funds - In the online application, It reeds "Do you or anyone else who is part of this application receive any public funds? (Required)

Include details for your partner or child if you have one. Examples of public funds include Income Support, Child Benefit, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, Carer’s Allowance and Disability Living Allowance. "

My wife has selected - NO.

NOTE, the application is only for my wife. I (husband) claim the standard child benefit (£83.8 per 4 weeks).

NOTE - I have found this in the forum,

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-eligibil ... 73665.html

4) The most important question, this was answered before but I am asking again to be 200% sure, apologies for asking again

Question - For my wife’s ILR eligibility, will the 5 years be calculated from 14/04/2015 or 19/07/2019?

I am aware that the ILR can be applied 28 days prior to the five year eligibility period, so can I submit the application form on 20/03/2020?

NOTE - I have referred this document - Indefinite leave to remain: calculating continuous period in UK (Version 20.0), published for Home Office staff on 02 March 2020. -

Refer to PAGE 10 the Para that states "Period between the issue of entry clearance and entering the UK"

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -v20.0.pdf

Regards
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:51 pm

ILR qualifying period starts counting from visa issue date!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tamo_146

Post by tamo_146 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:55 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:51 pm
ILR qualifying period starts counting from visa issue date!!
Thanks, Moderator,

please can you also advise on the first 3 questions as well?Thanks a lot.

tamo_146

Post by tamo_146 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:47 am

tamo_146 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:37 pm
Hello Moderator,
I am planning to apply for my wife's ILR sometime next week, while I was filling the SET(O) online, there were few items for which I will need some guidance.

1) My wife got the English language test certificate (SELT - CEFR B1) so I suppose UK NARIC is not required.
This is what I have filled in for,
English language:

Do you have a degree that was taught in English? - No ("If I give yes in this then it is asking for UK NARIC as a mandatory document")

Have you passed an approved English language test? - Yes

Did the test assess your speaking and listening skills at a level equivalent to CEFR B1 or higher? - Yes
How did you get your result? - Certificate

I looked into this forum link - indefinite-leave-to-remain/already-take ... 86731.html

2) It is asking for my(me-husband) immigration status, I have selected Tire 2 (General) visa as there is no other relevant option for me. Note that I have become a British citizen now but I obtained my ILR after completing 5 years in Tire 2 General. My wife is still in Tire 2 General Partner.

a) The issue is that it then asks for my VAF number (me-husband) - For this, I have provided the VAF number that was there in my first Tyre 2 general visa stamp in my passport.

b) Then it also asks for my(me-husband) sponsor's license number?

In the online application, It reeds "You can find this information on (my name) Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) or Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) statement. If you are able to provide this number, it will help us to link your applications together. If (my name) does not have one or you do not know it, you can continue without entering a number."

ANSWER - I (me-husband) have provided my sponsor's license number.

Question - Should I provide the VAF number and sponsor's license number though I am now a British citizen and no more in Tyre 2 General? However I understand, my wife is still in Tire 2 General Partner.

3) Public funds - In the online application, It reeds "Do you or anyone else who is part of this application receive any public funds? (Required)

Include details for your partner or child if you have one. Examples of public funds include Income Support, Child Benefit, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, Carer’s Allowance and Disability Living Allowance. "

My wife has selected - NO.

NOTE, the application is only for my wife. I (husband) claim the standard child benefit (£83.8 per 4 weeks).

NOTE - I have found this in the forum,

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-eligibil ... 73665.html

4) The most important question, this was answered before but I am asking again to be 200% sure, apologies for asking again

Question - For my wife’s ILR eligibility, will the 5 years be calculated from 14/04/2015 or 19/07/2019?

I am aware that the ILR can be applied 28 days prior to the five year eligibility period, so can I submit the application form on 20/03/2020?

NOTE - I have referred this document - Indefinite leave to remain: calculating continuous period in UK (Version 20.0), published for Home Office staff on 02 March 2020. -

Refer to PAGE 10 the Para that states "Period between the issue of entry clearance and entering the UK"

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -v20.0.pdf

Regards
Thanks
Hello Moderator,

Please can I get some assurance on points 1,2 and 3? I am planning to submit the application.

Regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:02 pm

What you have done is correct

tamo_146

Post by tamo_146 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:43 pm

Thanks a lot.