ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Dependant - Declaration and Consent form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jigiboy

ILR - Tier2 General - Dependants - Minimum Income and Proof of funds

Post by jigiboy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:35 pm

Hi All,

I got my ILR after spending 5 years on Tier 2 General.
I am now planning to apply for ILR for my dependants who are currently in UK as Tier 2 general dependants.

From someone who has applied recently for their dependants(who were on T2 General) can you please share the list of documents that you have provided to support your dependants application

Also can you help me with the below 2 queries:

1. Is there a minimum income requirement for T2 General dependants?
I have seen the eligibility page and from there its obvious that there is no minimum income requirement for T2 General dependants. But a confirmation from someone who has applied for ILR for their dependants and has been successful will help.

2. Do we need to provide any proof of funds (maintenance requirement) to support the application?

Many thanks for you help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR - Tier2 General - Dependants - Minimum Income and Proof of funds

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:08 pm

1. No there is not.

2. No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jigiboy

Query - ILR for Tier 2 General Dependants

Post by jigiboy » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:17 pm

Hi All,

I already have my ILR after spending 5 years on Tier 2 General. I am now applying(filling the form) for ILR for my dependants but the questions that I am encountering confuses me and hence I am coming back to this forum for some help. Appreciate if anyone can please help me.

* The first question i see is 'Select a category in which you are applying for indefinite leave to remain'
The only relevant option i see is 'Tier 2 dependant', 'Tier 2 migrant'
I chose 'Tier 2 dependant' and proceeded to the next step.

*The next question is - Are you the partner or child of your sponsor? - To which I answer - Partner(since its for my wife)

*The next question is - The name and DOB of the person you are joining or accompanying
I have put in my details since I am the main applicant

*The next question is about the main applicants Passport, NI, Home Office reference number, BRP or No(if i don't have any of the above) - To which I provide my BRP Number

The confusion starts from here on i.e. from the next question. Which is

Which visa is (Mr Main Applicant (which is me) applying for or been granted?
Choose the route that (Mr Main Applicant (which is me)) has applied for or been granted, even if their application is still being processed.

Here it does not show any option of Indefinite Leave...The only relevant option is Tier 2(General) visa

And then its asks about the 'Do you have one of these reference numbers for (Mr Main Applicant (which is me))?' VAF number

The above questions make me wonder whether I have filled the right form or have i answered the questions correctly because nowhere from the above questions I see that they will know that I have my Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Can anyone please tell me if I am filling the correct form or have i made a mistake someowhere?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:08 am

Tier 2 is the correct answer. You do not need to enter VAF number. Your BRP number is enough
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jigiboy

Post by jigiboy » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:05 am

Hi Zimba,

Thanks for your reply.

I am more concerned whether I am filling in the correct form.
Why are they asking the previous Tier 2 general details? Also if i don't provide any VAF details then they are asking for my sponsor details. Not sure why.

If anyone who has applied for Tier 2 general dependents recently then they should be able to give me some inputs whether I am seeing the correct form.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:50 am

It is normal to have these questions.

They are not trick questions!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:55 pm

jigiboy wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:05 am
Hi Zimba,

Thanks for your reply.

I am more concerned whether I am filling in the correct form.
Why are they asking the previous Tier 2 general details? Also if i don't provide any VAF details then they are asking for my sponsor details. Not sure why.

If anyone who has applied for Tier 2 general dependents recently then they should be able to give me some inputs whether I am seeing the correct form.
This has been discussed a lot here. You are expected to provide old sponsor details :!: :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jigiboy

Post by jigiboy » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:50 pm

Thank you CR001 and Zimba.
If possible in case you can find it then can you please share the link or point to the link where this has been discussed?

Regards,
Jigiboy

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:53 pm

jigiboy wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:50 pm
Thank you CR001 and Zimba.
If possible in case you can find it then can you please share the link or point to the link where this has been discussed?

Regards,
Jigiboy
There is NO 'general discussion' topic. It is answered almost daily in members individual topics asking.

You really are overthinking this. Why can't you simply answer the questions as asked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jigiboy

Post by jigiboy » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:32 pm

Thank you Zimba and CR001.

My wife does not work anywhere and is dependent on me for financial support and so is my child. We do not hold any joint account either.
I have added my wife's name in the council tax bill and will also add it to the utility bill.

Based on the above information in the family consent form i assume i will have to sign Part 1 and Part 3.

Hope my assumption is correct.

PART 1: Consent for the Home Office to verify application information
PART 2: Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information
PART 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor

While filling up the application form I came across to the below questions. I have answered the questions based on my understanding.
Can you please check if my answers are correct?

1. I will provide a declaration signed by me to confirm my consent for the Home Office to request verification checks
Answer: YES (this will be signed by my wife)

2. Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?
Answer: NO

3. I will provide a declaration signed by each of the other joint customers on an account with a bank or utility company
Answer: NO

4. Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?
Answer: YES (I will have to add my bank statement as well as salary slip and sign form 3 and to be signed by my wife and myself)

5. I will provide a declaration signed by each of the customers on an account with a bank or utility company relating to another person who is to provide me with financial support
Answer: YES (I will have to add my bank statement as well as salary slip and sign form 3 and to be signed by my wife and myself)

I will provide my bank statement, council tax and electricity bill to supplement the above forms. Hope the 3 proofs would suffice

jigiboy

ILR - Dependant - Declaration and Consent form

Post by jigiboy » Tue May 12, 2020 6:06 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for ILR for my dependants(wife and child)
My wife and child is financially dependant on me.
We don't have any joint bank accounts however my wife's name is present on the council tax bill and not any other utility bills.
I see that they are asking me to sign some forms as well

My understanding is that Part 1 and Part 3 needs to be signed and attached to the application.
Wife needs to sign - Part 1
I need to sign Part 1 and 3

Can you please confirm which forms need to be signed by me and my wife? Also does my child need to sign anything?

PART 1: Consent for the Home Office to verify application information
PART 2: Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information
PART 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor

jigiboy

Re: ILR - Dependant - Declaration and Consent form

Post by jigiboy » Wed May 13, 2020 5:23 pm

Would appreciate if anyone in the forum has been in a similar situation then please reply back.
Any moderators - CR001 or Zimba, can you please help in case its clear.

Regards,
Jigiboy

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 13, 2020 5:50 pm

jigiboy wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:23 pm
Would appreciate if anyone in the forum has been in a similar situation then please reply back.
Any moderators - CR001 or Zimba, can you please help in case its clear.

Regards,
Jigiboy
Part 1 for applicant, part 2 signed by you. Ignore the 3rd part as SET(O) for dependants has no financial requirement

jigiboy

Post by jigiboy » Thu May 14, 2020 5:16 pm

Many thanks for your response Zimba.
Appreciate if you could help me with this one last doubt
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Query 1:
The form 2 mentions the below:
If any information or documentation provided n is in the joint names of the applicant and another person (or persons), the joint owner should sign the following declaration:

Going by this my wife and myself will need to sign the document as I will be providing the council tax bill(current and previous ones) as a proof of address and this will also show the proof that we are living together since the last few years.

Hope my assumption is correct?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Query 2:
U mentioned that 'Ignore the 3rd part as SET(O) for dependants has no financial requirement'

The form 3 mentions the below:
If the information or documentation relates to another person or persons who is to provide the applicant with financial support, that person or persons* should sign the following declaration:

Going by the above statement and since I am the only person earning do u think it would be safe to add my bank statements and salary slip?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu May 14, 2020 6:03 pm

My answer does not change. Your wife gives consent in the first part. You are the other party with joint evidence, so only you sign the part 2. Part 3 is ignored as your wife does NOT need financial support from anyone and NO, you do not need to supply any evidence of your work. That is irrelevant to your wife's application.