ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lys987
Newly Registered
England

Spouse visa extension

Post by Lys987 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:39 pm

Hi all,

I have a similar question, I’m currently online completing the application to extend my husbands Spouse Visa and I am stuck on the question “what type of visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK?”
The answers are:
Visit
Work
Study
FAMILY
EEA residence
SETTLEMENT
Other

I automatically went to select family because that’s what the .gov website indicates that it is, but I found the original application our lawyer submitted last time and it says on there settlement. I’m really confused now if a spouse visa is family or settlement?
It says “you can find out this information on the document which shows you are allowed to be in the UK” but nothing says this. Can anyone help please.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa extension

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:45 pm

I have split your post as it was not relevant to the other users topic regarding option for job application and visa type.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lys987
Newly Registered
England

Post by Lys987 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:45 pm
I have split your post as it was not relevant to the other users topic regarding option for job application and visa type.
Ok thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:36 pm

Which form exactly are you completing online that gives you those options??

There is only one form for a spouse visa extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lys987
Newly Registered
England

Post by Lys987 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:03 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:36 pm
Which form exactly are you completing online that gives you those options??

There is only one form for a spouse visa extension.
Oh no, now I’m even more worried :(

The only place I could find starts - Family visas: apply extend or switch.

Then I completed - current status - do you currently have a visa or leave to remain: Yes (although on the BRP it says leave to enter)
What type of residence permit or visa do you have: spouse (I had to type this info)
Start date
End date
Then that question above which is multiple choice. I thought the current visa must be family but I have a print out of the application 2.5 years ago and it says Type of visa: settlement.
That’s why I’m confused.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:12 pm

Choosing "settlement" is more appropriate because choosing family leads to several other routes.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.