ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Documents required to upload for a dependent child

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arjay
United Kingdom

Earliest ILR application date - any flexibility due to Covid19

Post by arjay » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:54 pm

In view of the Covid 19 pandemic, Is there any flexibility on the earliest submission date for ILR - SET(M) applications?

Currently we are working on the date 28 days before the 5th anniversary of arrival into the UK. We have an application already keyed in, just waiting to submit on that date which is 2 weeks away, but we're worried that they might stop taking the applications or postpone doing the BRP appointments because of the Covid 19 restrictions. All the documents are assembled and scanned, ready to upload. I would hate them to pull the plug a few days before. Might it be possible to submit a week or so early?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Earliest ILR application date - any flexibility due to Covid19

Post by zimba » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:07 am

arjay wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:54 pm
In view of the Covid 19 pandemic, Is there any flexibility on the earliest submission date for ILR - SET(M) applications?

Currently we are working on the date 28 days before the 5th anniversary of arrival into the UK. We have an application already keyed in, just waiting to submit on that date which is 2 weeks away, but we're worried that they might stop taking the applications or postpone doing the BRP appointments because of the Covid 19 restrictions. All the documents are assembled and scanned, ready to upload. I would hate them to pull the plug a few days before. Might it be possible to submit a week or so early?
As repeated millions of times, you can apply early as long as you are be eligible on the day of the decision. Expect long delays for biometrics
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

pm07
Newly Registered

Post by pm07 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:44 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:07 am
As repeated millions of times, you can apply early as long as you are be eligible on the day of the decision. Expect long delays for biometrics
Oh wow, I did not know that even though you said you've repeated it so often. Is this only SET(M)?
I applied for ILR 16-March, SET(O) T2-G, slow route and I have until 18-May to give biometrics.

I was first eligible to apply 17-Feb based on 5 years minus 28 days.
So I could have applied in December and just given biometrics after 17-Feb??? Surely not (am I misunderstanding this).

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:17 pm

This applies to all applicants for ILR. Qualifying period is technically counted from the day of the decision and backwards.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

pm07
Newly Registered

Post by pm07 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:41 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:17 pm
This applies to all applicants for ILR. Qualifying period is technically counted from the day of the decision and backwards.
Wow. I thought I read so many times that the eligibility date is the date of application being when you submit and pay.
Technically I guess that means your decision date could be within a few days of that date and you have no control over whether it is on not, but I could have applied then booked biometrics when I fall eligible! I totally missed that.
I guess there's not much point applying some months before your boimetrics though -- apart from then being covered by 3C.

arjay
United Kingdom

Post by arjay » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:36 pm

Zimba wrote:
arjay wrote:

I'm sorry, I hadn't seen that anywhere before. I had only seen reference to 28 days before the 5 year point.

Presumably then, if one submitted (as in paid) early (say 28+7 days early), one wouldn't want to be applying for the priority service, as the decision date would almost certainly be too soon, but if one was applying for a routine non priority service and there was a longish delay before the BRP date, that shouldn't be an issue (because its very unlikely that they would be actioning the application early and certainly not until after the BRP appointment/submission date?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:12 pm

UKVI guides make it clear that a date will be used that is most beneficial to the applicant. You should do this ONLY if you can ensure your biometrics date is on or after the day you are eligible :!:

Garlon
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Garlon » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:33 pm

Zimba wrote:
arjay wrote:

Hi Zimba,
I am confused with the meaning of 'Day of decision'.

Does that mean, if I use super-priority service, I could submit application (paid as well) and book the UKVCAS appointment date into the 28-day period, which falls into 'day of the decision', even it is 3-4 weeks before?

Take an example, if my first eligible date (28 day backward from 5th year anniversary) is 15th of April, I could submit and paid super-priority service now (21st March) as long as I booked the UKVCAS appointment on or after 16th April?

Many thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:29 pm

Yes.

arjay
United Kingdom

Post by arjay » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:00 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:29 pm
Yes.
Ah, I may have missed a point here. You are saying that the (earliest) "eligibility" date is 28 days before the 5 year from arrival date? And not the 5 year anniversary of arrival date itself?

I had been thinking that one could submit and pay 28 days before the 5 year anniversary date, but that one then needed to make sure that biometrics date was not before the 5 year anniversary date.

In our case my wife arrived into the UK on 30th April 2015, so I was proposing to submit and pay on 2nd April (or even a week earlier if possible), but make sure that the biometrics appointment wasn't before 30th April, but you are saying that the biometrics appointment mustn't be before 2nd April as opposed to 30th April? (So I could submit and pay a week or so before the 2nd April?)

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:50 pm

arjay wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:00 pm
Ah, I may have missed a point here. You are saying that the (earliest) "eligibility" date is 28 days before the 5 year from arrival date? And not the 5 year anniversary of arrival date itself?
Yes
I had been thinking that one could submit and pay 28 days before the 5 year anniversary date, but that one then needed to make sure that biometrics date was not before the 5 year anniversary date.
Incorrect. ILR can be grated within 28 days of completing the 5 years
In our case my wife arrived into the UK on 30th April 2015, so I was proposing to submit and pay on 2nd April (or even a week earlier if possible), but make sure that the biometrics appointment wasn't before 30th April, but you are saying that the biometrics appointment mustn't be before 2nd April as opposed to 30th April? (So I could submit and pay a week or so before the 2nd April?)
Correct. She is eligible for ILR from 2nd April onwards. THis means you can aim for the day of the decision to be on or after that date

Garlon
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Garlon » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:24 am

Zimba wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:50 pm
arjay wrote:
Yes
Correct. She is eligible for ILR from 2nd April onwards. THis means you can aim for the day of the decision to be on or after that date
Thanks for the clarification, now it is clear.

arjay
United Kingdom

Post by arjay » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:50 am

Zimba wrote:
arjay wrote:
Yes
Thank you very much indeed Zimba. That enables me to proceed sooner than I had planned.

Now I just have to hope that they don't stop the Biometric appointments.

arjay
United Kingdom

Post by arjay » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:20 pm

arjay wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:50 am
Zimba wrote:
arjay wrote:
Yes
Thank you very much indeed Zimba. That enables me to proceed sooner than I had planned.

Now I just have to hope that they don't stop the Biometric appointments.
Hi Zimba,
Regarding the actual date of application, I am not trying to be difficult here, but I keep finding conflicting information on this point.

In the Gov.UK rules, at the reference/link below, section 34G,under heading:

"Date an application (or variation of an application) for leave to remain is made"
It goes on to say:
34G." For the purposes of these rules, the date on which an application (or a variation of application in accordance with paragraph 34E is made is"
and then under 34G (3):
"Where the application is made via the online application process and there is no request for a fee waiver, the date on which the online application is submitted, or...."

The following part then refers to requests for fee waiver, which to me all dovetails into confirming that it is the date when one submits the application oneself and pays the fee that is deemed to be "the application date", and not the biometric appointment date, which would mean therefore I couldn't submit the application before 2nd April (30th April - 28 days).

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... -in-the-uk

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:49 pm

arjay
United Kingdom

Post by arjay » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:36 pm

I am referring to ILR SET (M) for a spouse on the 5 year spouse/partner route.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:27 pm

arjay wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:36 pm
No difference

arjay
United Kingdom

Post by arjay » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:39 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:27 pm
arjay wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:36 pm
No difference
Thank you Zimba.

I have read through the linked thread above, and a number of other linked threads, and now understand where you are coming, as they say. Thanks again.

arjay
United Kingdom

Uploading document categories - can I combine connected info into one pdf

Post by arjay » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:39 am

I tried to read the locked sticky topic on this subject, here:
indefinite-leave-to-remain/uploading-yo ... 96002.html
....but there was nothing there apart from the subject itself.

I am seeking to clarify what documents go into which categories and whether for example things like employment pay slips and bank statements to confirm the pay, can be entered in one pdf., and if so into which category they should be uploaded, - presumably employment as opposed to finance?

ramiri
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Uploading document categories - can I combine connected info into one pdf

Post by ramiri » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:47 am

I applied last week - SET(O) (application was successful) and I combined relevant docs into one file. for example:
all Letters from Bank to myself (as proof of cohabitation)
all Letters from Bank to my dependant (as proof of cohabitation)
all letter from NHS to my dependant (as proof of cohabitation)
all joint Council tax bills (as proof of cohabitation)
all joint Water bills (as proof of cohabitation)
….
however, I didn’t combine the documents that they specifically asked for. For example, I didn’t combine Payslip and bank statement.
For categories, some of documents are very obvious but some are not, E.g. I uploaded my English exam certificate in Mandatory Other but the lady in SSC said they usually upload those in Educational section, and she did it for both of us.
BTW, you can upload one document in multiple categories. The lady in SSC told us there is no problem with this but it is not recommended.
Which category you are applying for?

arjay
United Kingdom

Post by arjay » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:57 am

Thanks for that information Ramiri. Noted re English test and Life in UK certificates going under "Education".

Application is for ILR SET (M).

Upon further reflection, I had decided to keep bank statements and pay slips in separate pdf's, in case for example the caseworker is looking for bank statements and might not be able to easily find them if they are behind pay slips in a pdf entitled" Employment". Point taken that it is possible to upload one document into more than one category, perhaps as a one-off.

My wife's application will be for a spouse and one dependant child. Do you know whether there are separate categories for the dependent or a separate section?

Thanks again for your input.

ramiri
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ramiri » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:08 pm

My application was SET(O) so I can’t comment. UKVCAS website has two separate sections for uploading documents for myself and my wife as the dependant. The categories under each applicant was slightly different.
BTW, I uploaded my bank statement and Payslip under Fainance.

arjay
United Kingdom

Interpretation of question re "same amount continuously" of earnings

Post by arjay » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:08 pm

In the employment section of the ILR SET (M) application, under: "What do they earn?", the options are either "The same amount continuously", or "Not the same amount continuously, " ... above or below the FR. My wife has been in the same job for several years, but her monthly earnings fluctuate because the number of hours she works each month fluctuate, which leads me to answer: "Not the same amount continuously, ...."? Is that correct?

I ask, because I have seen arguments that they (the HO) really want to know if the employment/source of the earnings are continuous, rather than the actual amount of the earnings. Though with the comma placed where it is, (immediately after the word continuously,) I can't see that we can answer other than: "Not the same amount continuously".

arjay
United Kingdom

Re: Interpretation of question re "same amount continuously" of earnings

Post by arjay » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:13 pm

arjay wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:08 pm
In the employment section of the ILR SET (M) application, under: "What do they earn?", the options are either "The same amount continuously", or "Not the same amount continuously, " ... above or below the FR. My wife has been in the same job for several years, but her monthly earnings fluctuate because the number of hours she works each month fluctuate, which leads me to answer: "Not the same amount continuously, ...."? Is that correct?

I ask, because I have seen arguments that they (the HO) really want to know if the employment/source of the earnings are continuous, rather than the actual amount of the earnings. Though with the comma placed where it is, (immediately after the word continuously,) I can't see that we can answer other than: "Not the same amount continuously".
Does anyone have any recent experience or can advise on this please?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Interpretation of question re "same amount continuously" of earnings

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:18 pm

Until near past those who were working for their employer from 6 months under category A select the first option and supply the 6 months of payslips & bank statements by adding a covering letter clarifying their calculations. Because remaining three options mistakenly classify it as under category B by asking 12 months of payslips & bank statements which if someone wishes still voluntarily can rely on provided have earned sufficient income during the last 12 months.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.