ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non Applying Children question on FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kam_700
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Non Applying Children question on FLR(M)

Post by Kam_700 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:52 am

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone can help me with the non applying children question on the FLR(M) please. We are completing this form for my wife's spouse visa extension. My wife is never been married before nor have any children.
I'm british citizen and was previously married and have one child from my previous marriage. He is also a british citizen and lives with my ex-wife.
She has sole parental responsibilities of him.
I don't see my child or my ex-wife due to sore relationship between us.
So do I have to answer "Yes" or "No" to the following question on the form?
Does Mr Kam(me) have any other children in the UK that are not applying on this application?

This form is for my wife so I'm really struggling to understand the relevance of this question on this form.
Also, worse case scenario if I have to say "Yes" to this question then I won't be able to provide documents e.g. birth certificate of my child etc. What should I do in this scenario? Shall I write a covering letter to home office explaining my situation?

I thank you in advance for your assistance and look forward to your reply soon.
Many thanks

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Non Applying Children question on FLR(M)

Post by Korekt » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:45 pm

Kam_700 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:52 am
So do I have to answer "Yes" or "No" to the following question on the form?
Does Mr Kam(me) have any other children in the UK that are not applying on this application?
The applicant would have to, and in the affirmative given what you've stated.
What should I do in this scenario? Shall I write a covering letter to home office explaining my situation?
It should be stated in the 'additional information' section the reasons documentation cannot be submitted for the child.
It shouldn't be a problem. The situation is not novel.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."